• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drysdaleg

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    All light beer taste the same, don't be to quick to judge. Get something with more flavor, stick to an ale sort. You don't want to get anything to crazy right off the bat. I suggest pride and joy from three floydes for a good started. Maybe something from bells brewerly.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I've not had a bad beer from Triton Brewing Company. Tasty beer and local brewed in Indianapolis. Also Sunking is a very good brewer from Indy

Upland has some good beers, Brewed in Bloomington IN

Of course Three Floyds brewed in Munster, IN is freaking awesome.

Right now Im drinking on Upland's Dragonfly IPA.

You dont have to travel to far to find great beer. Its all over Indiana.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    That's fair. I like Bud, but I also like other "higher quality" beers. Sometimes ya just need a nice Bud Light though...or at least I do :D

I'm not huge on anything that says "Lite" or "Light" in the name but I do agree. Drinking "heavy" beer all the time can get tiring. I like Woodchuck hard cider or Mike's Lemonade to break things up from time to time.

I have come to the idea in the last year or so that I like to keep my money as local as possible. Which is why I've been exploring mostly local brewers latley.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    I'm not huge on anything that says "Lite" or "Light" in the name but I do agree. Drinking "heavy" beer all the time can get tiring. I like Woodchuck hard cider or Mike's Lemonade to break things up from time to time.

I have come to the idea in the last year or so that I like to keep my money as local as possible. Which is why I've been exploring mostly local brewers latley.

Tiring is a great word for it. Also, if I'm trying to put away some food, I struggle to eat a full meal unless I'm drinking a light beer. Sometimes I sacrifice some additional beer flavor so I can enjoy more wings. /fat

I've been doing the same thing. Kahn's on Keystone here in Indy has an incredible selection of local beers (as well as "local" beers from other places around the country), and I've been enjoying the variety of flavor they offer. Woodchuck....yum. Mike's....omnomnom. I also really like Red's Apple Ale.

perry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    All light beer taste the same, don't be to quick to judge.

I like everything from IPA's to stouts (I bought Murphy's Irish Stout and New Belgium Ranger IPA last weekend!) and I think Sam Adams Light is pretty decent considering the circumstances, and far above average in the "light" category.

Sam Adams Light - Boston Beer Company (Samuel Adams) - Jamaica Plain, MA - BeerAdvocate

Like I said, Sam Adams Boston Lager is a good intro, and so are some wheat beers... Triton Brewing's Fieldhouse Wheat. Three Floyds Gumballhead. Shoot, even Coors' Blue Moon.

They do say that beer is an acquired taste and I believe it. I used to hate coffee, then last fall I "forced" myself to drink it for a week and now I really like it. Give beer more than "one shot". It's good.

Top Bottom