Monitor World
    ZtaWxDq.jpg
    That's the truth!!!!!

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    I mean it meets all the requirements of being a beer...

Depends on who's requirements you are going by.

Reinheitsgebot

Real beer is not available in a can, nor do they have twist off caps.

If you can meet those two criteria, you're headed in the right direction.

I beg to differ, check out Sun King, Dales, and the multitude of other Micros that have have all gone to canning. It is a cheaper (not counting initial investment in equipment), and better container for packaging beer in, aluminum cans cost a fraction of what glass bottles do, and are lighter for keeping packaging weight down. Plus they are lightproof, and damn near impermeable to oxygen, beers two worst enemies.

thoroughbred

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jun 27, 2011
    My houseboat on Lake Michigan
    Is gumball head really that rare down by you Indy guys? If anyone comes up to NWI and by that I mean Lake County I can tell you some stores to pick it up at because the brewery usually limits what you can buy. If you come up to a NWI meet and shoot I suppose I could get some for the guys who can't find any as well. I haven't had a beer from 3 Floyds that I haven't liked. Dust is a bit more rare...the most abundant are gumball head and alpha king. Another good beer though similar to their stuff is Magic hat #9 can't remember where its from maybe New Hampshire...but its very good.

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    Is gumball head really that rare down by you Indy guys? If anyone comes up to NWI and by that I mean Lake County I can tell you some stores to pick it up at because the brewery usually limits what you can buy. If you come up to a NWI meet and shoot I suppose I could get some for the guys who can't find any as well. I haven't had a beer from 3 Floyds that I haven't liked. Dust is a bit more rare...the most abundant are gumball head and alpha king. Another good beer though similar to their stuff is Magic hat #9 can't remember where its from maybe New Hampshire...but its very good.

I beleive they had to limit the production run of it due to a shortage of the signature ammarillo hops they use in the dry hopping process. So that has led to a reduced distrobution area. I haven't seen it much in the Monroe county area for some time now. But I have also been out of the beer scene for a little while now, so I may be way off base.

There was a while there where Ammarillo was very scarce and it has a very distinct arroma and not really replaceable with other hops.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    I had my first beer tonight. Yes, that's right. I'm 30 years old, and the only alcohol I have ever drunk is: Champagne, a glass of red wine every night, Mikes Hard Lemonade, Smirnoff, and a glass of moonshine.

Never a beer.

I just tried a Bud Lite, and it was the nastiest thing ever.

Never again.

I'll stick to my glass of red wine every night.

Ginger.

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    Bud Light isn't real beer.

For something that is real beer and approachable for a beer neophyte, I recommend a nice German weissbier, like Paulaner. Maybe a Belgian Abbey ale, like Chimay.

Crappy adjunct lagers are an abomination. Rice and corn products have no place in a brewery!

Hey now I make a good cream ale with rice and corn. I call it sandbar ale, good for when you are drinking all day at the island at the lake. Tastes like a Mickeys.

Most of the time though I make/like a high hop IPA.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Had my first beer in 1963.....I was 2 yrs. old.....it was a Old Crown....got the picture to prove it too. Didn't they make Old Crown in Ft. Wayne.....that was good beer.

half-glocked

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    I think they did. The realtor and sellers were talking about that when my fiancee and I met up with everyone to sign papers to take possession of our house.

steve666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Indianapolis Eastside
    Ok, what's a beer then?
    Certainly nothing that is brewed by ANY of the big US breweries. And not the big name imports like Corona (they need to check their horse's kidneys) or Heineken. The craft brews, like Oaken Barrel's Indiana Amber, Sun Kings Wee Mac, Flat 12 Bierworks' Pogue Run Porter, or Urban Chestnut's Winged Nut, and a few of the imports like Alexander Keith's Nova Scotia Brown Ale are the only way to go.

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    The new micro brews are great... But nobody seems to be remembering the tradition of Belgian ales that is hundreds (thousands?) years old.

Try a chimay damn it.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    A couple folks mentioned mead, and New Day Meadery down in Fountain Square (Indianapolis) is doing some fine things with meads. I suggest you give them a try!

And bigus_D; Belgians are some of my favorite beers - there are some stellar versions out there, for sure.

Top Bottom