• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I had my first beer tonight. Yes, that's right. I'm 30 years old, and the only alcohol I have ever drunk is: Champagne, a glass of red wine every night, Mikes Hard Lemonade, Smirnoff, and a glass of moonshine.

Never a beer.

I just tried a Bud Lite, and it was the nastiest thing ever.

Never again.

I'll stick to my glass of red wine every night.

Lonestar6

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    IMO Bud Lite is not beer, it is barely a beer like substance...actually more like water with a yeast infection.

You have yet to have a beer
    :twocents:

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Bud lite??? Tom-foolery! Try again with something that actually resembles beer and tell us what you think.

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    Agreed, Bud Light is like drinking Mississippi River water and then thinking that all water tastes like that. Personally, I'm a Michelob fan myself (not Michelob ultra or any of that other stuff) but it's getting harder to find. Another I really like is Sapporo, a Japanese beer that is light, crisp, and very easy on the palate.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    Go to Rock Bottom Brewery, or Ram and get some fresh light beer or pale ale with your meal. That is when I finally started liking beer. Also try some Dublin brewed beer and Australian. All have great barley and hoppes taste.

Heck, go to BW3's and try a Coors Light in one of their frosted mugs with some hot wings. Even that is good (if I breathe in through my nose while sipping I can actually taste it lol). But Budweiser always tastes like water with a bit of sweaty toe jam added.

:)

Caveat -- I will not drink beer from a can, yuck. The fresher the better.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    Bud Light isn't real beer.

For something that is real beer and approachable for a beer neophyte, I recommend a nice German weissbier, like Paulaner. Maybe a Belgian Abbey ale, like Chimay.

Crappy adjunct lagers are an abomination. Rice and corn products have no place in a brewery!

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Ok, what's a beer then?

Geez, at least a budWEISER. But there are tons of great beers out there, all with different flavors, smells, and feels. Im actually on a spell of not drinking currently, but am looking foward to my first beer (again) here at the end of march. I like Bass, Bells Oberon, Upland has some good stuff, i think someone else mentioned another local brewery, those area ll good places to start.

Top Bottom