• ...and so much more!
  • Riflemen14

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 15, 2010
    Wells County
    Went to H and H in Ft Wayne to do some indoor shooting with my GSG 1911, and found the H and H sign on the building gone, and a sign just as you walk in the door "Welcome to Freedom Arms".
    First impression, I felt a more friendlier atmostphere, and noticed an increase in handgun inventory. The handguns still had the HnH price tags on them. Talking with one of the salemen behind the counter told me the inventory has and will continue to grow. And more different items are going to be stocked very soon. I hope the new owner will update the range with better target trolleys. Seems that there are always target trolleys out of order with broken cables. And have better/more competitive prices. Best of luck to Freedom Arms.

Wesley Willis

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    Indiana
    Maybe they will drop the prices on the range a bit. On second thought, hopefully they raise them. My business is right around the corner in the same complex there, and if it was any cheaper I probably wouldn't get any work done.

superjoe76

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 21, 2011
    Allen County
    Good grief! I drive by there 5 times a week and didn't even notice! I hope they are better for the sake of the business. I went in there a few times and always felt like the red headed step-child! I might have to swing by soon.

jdude

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 25, 2009
    N.E corner
    This is what i have been told and have no reason to believe it is not true. He recently stepped down as CEO and is semi retiring, guess he needs a hobby.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    I wonder how long it will be until they get a cease and desist letter for using the name Freedom Arms? I'm pretty sure that the gun manufacturer, Freedom Arms will take exception to it.

FREEDOM ARMS INC

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Maybe they will drop the prices on the range a bit. On second thought, hopefully they raise them. My business is right around the corner in the same complex there, and if it was any cheaper I probably wouldn't get any work done.

Its $15 to shoot all day at an indoor range, how much cheaper do you want it? :):

I know people would say it was not friendly before, I never saw that and I use the range often and have bought one gun from them. They have always been excellent, my wife bought her G19 there even though it was $29 more expensive but they had them in stock and no one else in FW did. Plus the guys were great to a new shooter and got two free range passes.

Hopefully they do cut the prices a bit and hopefully they are successful.

alex00

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2011
    Its $15 to shoot all day at an indoor range, how much cheaper do you want it? :):

I know people would say it was not friendly before, I never saw that and I use the range often and have bought one gun from them. They have always been excellent, my wife bought her G19 there even though it was $29 more expensive but they had them in stock and no one else in FW did. Plus the guys were great to a new shooter and got two free range passes.

Hopefully they do cut the prices a bit and hopefully they are successful.

It costs about $4 to shoot all day at the outdoor range in Huntington.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    An indoor range is a lot more expensive to build/own/ maintain than an outdoor range, even if some poorly skilled individual does not shoot the equipment up. The price of the building, bullet traps, the ventilation system, the filter system and lights. The continual cleaning of the unburned powder and the lead residue. Then there are the government regulations to document all the systems, the insurance, taxes, plus the cost of properly handling all the waste. If H&H charged $15 PER HOUR, that would be a pretty thin profit margin, not including all the equipment that gets shot up by the mall ninjas. If a businessman is willing to open and maintain an indoor range for general public rentals, be glad you have it, especially in Indiana, where the weather is pretty marginal about 1/2 the time. I have lived too many places in the country where there was no pistol range, or if there was, it was a private club that required memberships costing hundreds of dollars a year.

backfire

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 6, 2011
    An indoor range is a lot more expensive to build/own/ maintain than an outdoor range, even if some poorly skilled individual does not shoot the equipment up. The price of the building, bullet traps, the ventilation system, the filter system and lights. The continual cleaning of the unburned powder and the lead residue. Then there are the government regulations to document all the systems, the insurance, taxes, plus the cost of properly handling all the waste. If H&H charged $15 PER HOUR, that would be a pretty thin profit margin, not including all the equipment that gets shot up by the mall ninjas. If a businessman is willing to open and maintain an indoor range for general public rentals, be glad you have it, especially in Indiana, where the weather is pretty marginal about 1/2 the time. I have lived too many places in the country where there was no pistol range, or if there was, it was a private club that required memberships costing hundreds of dollars a year.
    My thoughts exactly.

JAH

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010

The only problem there is Rousch Lake range is closed on Monday.

Found out Freedom Arms opened while at the FW Gun Show on Saturday.

I knew that H & H was bought out and when I stopped in there was a sense of it being a friendlier atmosphere.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN

The one in Mongo is free, so whats your point?

They arent private businesses, they arent indoors, and they dont have to make a profit.

Go have fun shooting there when its 25 degrees and snowing. That extra $11 is money well spent when I can shoot in a tshirt at H&H. I prefer shooting outside if given a choice, but $15 for all day is not expensive, its cheap.

The only problem there is Rousch Lake range is closed on Monday.

Found out Freedom Arms opened while at the FW Gun Show on Saturday.

I knew that H & H was bought out and when I stopped in there was a sense of it being a friendlier atmosphere.

I may be wrong but I think H&H is also closed on Mondays.

Top Bottom