• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jayhawk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 16, 2009
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Stopped by yesterday. They were pretty busy.

Selection/stock is much better than it was before, but the prices seem to be about the same, a little on the high side. They did have a CZ75b, that I was half tempted to walk out with.

I didn't check out the range, but I certainly hope that they're planning on upgrading or replacing the ventilation system. Personally, I'd rather shoot in 20 deg weather than have black stuff coming out of my nose for two days every time I shoot.

LEGENw84itDARY

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    saying they have a few more guns is a huge understatement...where there was only 3 or so guns on a shelf there is now 5-6 per shelf. They also have a lot bigger selection of rifles and long guns.

as for prices the snap caps i was gonna buy were cheaper than Gander.

Hours still suck tho, if you work for a living good luck finding a time when they are open.

Overall, Huge difference with a lot bigger selection of just about everything. Hopefully they keep up the improvements.

greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    I stopped in there today to check it out. A former employee was lured back due to the new ownership and attitude. He is a great addition. The place is STOCKED with everything you can imagine. The prices were OK but not great. They were running a special on S&W j frame revolvers for $359. Monster deal considering the tag was $450 or so. Lots of ammo with OK prices again. Prices appeared high on their safes IMO. Accessories was well stocked with Magpul, Blackhawk, Choate, ATI, etc. Good selection and the same prices as most everywhere else you look. The advantage they have is that it is all THERE. You will pay a little more but it is all there. They were very friendly too as opposed to my experiences at another new shop in the area. Busse is a formidable businessman with DEEP pockets and now he has the prime location for a gunstore in the city.

I am just glad to have another good store to go to.

viiiupndhead

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 8, 2010
    Auburn
    Finally stopped in to see the new store and spend some QT with my PPS. Inventory is much better including a SCAR-17 that I drooled on for a few minutes. Looking forward to seeing the shop when they finish it.

Aaronhome27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Kendallville
    Stopped in to Freedom Arms today. They had the lowest price on my reloading powder. All new atmosphere in there for sure. Was a great experience but the gun prices are still high but in line with most of the Fort Wayne prices.

backfire

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 6, 2011
    My bride and I stopped in there today again and I bought a small Uncle Mike's soft handgun case for my TCP. Great price and selection! They are getting better and better each time I stop in there. :)

wildcatfan.62

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 9, 2011
    South Bend
    Thanks for the update. I get to Ft. Wayne at least once a month. When I drove past the store in mid-December I didn't notice any change on the outside. I'll have to stop in the next time thru.

silentvoice71

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    Ft Wayne IN
    I talked to one of the guys working. Very nice guy he told me they had plans for handgun courses for women and Utah handgun classes I believe he said. He said they have a lot of stuff comming up and a lot of things in the works. He mentioned being pretty flexible on prices, and getting a lot more reloading supplies. He said no dies but more reloading supplies such as brass bullets primers and powder. He had a good primer and powder selection when I was there but no bullets or brass as of yet, but this was about 2 weeks ago. To be honest it's a really nice place but if they can't beat the gun prices of 21st century they won't get my money as far as firearms go.

Brett

Marksman
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    ECI
    I went to this shop today. Selection was excelent but prices were high. Also had a ton of reloading powders. Will stop by again in the future when i am in town to check the prices again.

Dick

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    Stopped in today. Great selection now. Friendly staff. Prices arent much different than anywhere else local (actually hopped through several stores this afternoon), so nothing special there. I totally avoided this place a few years ago when searching for my 1st gun because of everything EVERYONE i knew told me. Wouldnt think twice about going now though! Keep it up!

james9934

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Fort Wayne Indiana
    Just dropped by there today on my lunch break. Didnt have what I am looking for but I agree with everyone else that its a nice change with the layout. They moved the circular gun display from the middle of the building to the back and back left walls.

Never had a bad experience there but the prices are on the high side still. Do they generally expect you to pay their prices? The tags on the guns have a "suggested price" and then under that they have a "your cost". That to me seems like they dont move on the price any. I think my brother got a free range pass with his last purchase but thats only like a $15 value and I'm not sure if they still do that now that they have new owners.

mtk469

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    I stopped in yesterday for the first time in a couple of years. I had a pretty heated disagreement with the previous owner and vowed to never go back unless he was no longer the owner. The staff was very freindly, selection was much larger than in the past. I ended up buying a High standard sport king that was used. They were willing to negotiate on the price of at least there used stuff. All in all a huge upgrade compared to the past. I'll will go back in from time to time.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I stopped in yesterday for the first time in a couple of years. I had a pretty heated disagreement with the previous owner and vowed to never go back unless he was no longer the owner.

People keep telling me I should stop back in just to see for myself because I, like you, said that I'd never go back.
    I didn't have an argument with anyone. I was just flat out treated like an imbecile. I had an armload of stuff I was intending to purchase, but I just put it all on the counter and walked right out.

Top Bottom