Guns pulled by all at a Craigslist transaction today...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    I had a meeting for some gear I found on craigslist.

The meeting went well and the cash and goods traded hands. At that point we got to talking and before we knew it, both of us had our pistols "out".

It all started when I joked that no one goes to a craigslist transaction unarmed. I spotted his gun covered by a book by his shifter. He laughed and showed me his little .380, I countered with my .45.

We kept talking and he says you'd be stupid to meet anyone from Craigslist unarmed.

ditto

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2012
    Newburgh
    I love the titles of threads like these and then it turns out to be some guy kissing his grandma or a friendly pistol show-off.. :):

nineball481

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    that's interesting. I'm still new to guns and try to carry mine whenever I'm out. A friend of mine bought an item from craigslist last year. I helped him pick it up. We were both carrying. When we arrived the seller had his garage open, showing a lot of hunting paraphernalia. You could tell he was carrying as well. I never gave it a lot thought until I read this thread, but the whole ordeal did feel like some sort of illicit deal. lol Seller proved to be a decent enough guy and we talked for a few mins about his recent hunting trip...

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    Done the same, never would meet up with anyone like that unarmed. My mother lost her little dog about a month ago, I had flyers up everywhere. About a week later, she got a call from one of the flyers, someone had found her dog. They lived in a motel during the week while working and wanted her to meet around the back near their room. Got me suspisious so I made sure I went along with my .357 handy. Everything was all on the level and it was her dog and they were not looking for money for the dog or a reward. But I felt better knowing Mr. Ruger was along for backup.

.38 Special

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2012
    The one and only time I had a Craigslist meeting was in Illinois at a public place. I was rather upset about not being able to carry, but since it was in public I was more willing to do it without my gun. Everything went well...:rockwoot:

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Whoa.... wait...

The WHOLE story was posted? (Well, all relevant parts, anyhow). But it's not even 9:30 yet!

What gives? Are you I'll?

ggglobert9

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 6, 2009
    Ft Wayne
    I always have my wife with a large "Bush cutter" sitting in the car and in sight! Lost all my guns in a lake so "Bush cutter" will have to do!

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    LOL, I usually have my wife or a friend there at a bit of a distance for backup as well as my EDC and BUG....I've had similar experiences meeting other armed citizens in these transactions. So far everything has always been friendly and sometime guntalk breaks out...I will NEVER let my guard down when conducting business with strangers at random locations and I always try to be there first. As a truck driver I am always at high alert as I am always in new and strange places, usually pretty seedy parts of random towns, sleeping in dark abandoned places with no friend anywhere nearby. It's good practice for situational awareness actually.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    A quick glance at the lead in line, I thought Craigslist went all Google on us buy not allowing firearm sales on their site. Great. First they take away the hookers and now the guns? What use are they too me now. (Sarcasm) Then I read the rest and glad all went well.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Never bought or sold on CL, just INGO. I always carry anyway, so nothing different at a purchase. The wife is usually in the vehicle. She worries more than I do about the meetings so she usually gets the BUG from the console out and ready.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    A quick glance at the lead in line, I thought Craigslist went all Google on us buy not allowing firearm sales on their site. Great. First they take away the hookers and now the guns? What use are they too me now. (Sarcasm) Then I read the rest and glad all went well.

I didn't know CL allowed firearms ads. I think I read something in their rules to that effect once, but who knows, I was looking for hookers and blow so I might have read it wrong. :D

Top Bottom