Guns pulled by all at a Craigslist transaction today...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • grogie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    Wheeling Around Indy
    I sold some wheels and tires last summer. I wasn't thrilled about having someone come by my house, but I didn't want to have to haul them off somewhere either, so I was carrying. Nice guy though, but one never knows. He could have been carrying too. Makes for a pleasant transaction. :D

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    the kitchen
    I've probably done 6 or 7 Craigslist sales in the past 3 to 4 years. Every time my 9 was on my hip and the meeting was in a busy parking lot on a busy street.
    The lady who bought the canning supplies, the young dad who bought the baby crib, the young lady that bought the exersaucer (got a bungie on-the-house to hold her trunk shut), the lady who bought my old muching mower, etc, I hope were all carrying too.
    I'd rather not know, and everyone just be nice.

Frankly, I'd rather not make transactions above $200 and always be on the selling side. Anouncing to a stranger that you'll meet them with large amounts of cash in hand sounds like setting yourself up.

Rocket

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Whiteland
    My brother and his GF went to buy a car from CL. Had decent amt of cash on her. While loading, a large unfriendly type approached them slowly. Perps eyes met the PF9 printing in my brothers pocket he did an abrupt about face and the rest is history. All went well. GF was oblivious. Good thing he carries or it could have been bad. BTW she does not like guns of think he should carry, so he doesn't talk about it. And does it anyway.

sprint395

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    The only time I've been truly scared was when I bought a $4500 motorcycle in Ohio. I wont buy anything in Ohio ever again because we cant carry there.

427TriPowered

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    The man arrested by Downey police Friday on suspicion of killing three people and wounding two in a shooting rampage this week has been identified.

Jade Douglas Harris, 30, was taken into custody Thursday and formally booked Friday morning on charges of murder and non-negligent manslaughter, according to a review of Downey Police Department records. Jail records show that Harris is being held in Men's Central Jail in downtown Los Angeles in lieu of $1-million bail.

Harris is accused of shooting five people Wednesday morning at a business and a home on Clete Street. The dead have been identified by police as Josimar Rojas, 26; Irene Cardenas, 35; and Susana Perez-Ruelas, 34.

A family spokeswoman, Martha Zerehi, said the gunman responded to a Craigslist ad for a Chevrolet Camaro.

He drew a handgun and demanded the car, Zerehi said. The gunman was told that the car was not at the business but down the street at the family home. Perez-Ruelas and her son were ordered to drive the gunman in their truck to the home.

Once at the house, Zerehi said, he held a gun to the boy's head and threatened to kill him.

"Do you know how easy it is to kill you right now?" the gunman reportedly asked. Perez pushed the gun in an effort to save her son. He shot and killed her, then turned the gun on the boy.

At that point, Zerehi said, the boy pretended he was dead or unconscious. The gunman fled in the stolen Camaro, which police later found in Los Angeles.

la times link...

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Met that alleged INGO member MooreALX in front of a questionable establishment, Ivanhoe's in that known hotbed of crime, Upland, Home of the reputably highly troubled Taylor University. Christian school, sure, that's their story.
    I was scared to death, having forgotten to bring even so much as a sniper, and my suspicions were heightened when Alex showed up on time. "Sure," I thought. "That's probably just what he does. shows up on time to ease their suspicions, all clean cut like that, and stuff, Then he lowers the boom!!"
    Leerily I browsed his "bait", the loading equipment he'd posted on INGO. Just to try to ingratiate himself, he offered to throw in several small items related to the dies I'd agreed to buy. LUCKILY, I noticed one of those known death rays, the kind used by gangsters and international assassins, the Hi Point. Craftily. I feigned interest, and negotiated to purchase it, also.
    Seeing I was now armed, MooreALX made small talk with me for a few minutes, and we parted on "cordial" terms. Shew! What a close call!

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I sold some stereo stuff this weekend on Craigs . Made sure my 1911 was under my jacket cocked and locked. Guy seemed decent but you never know these days. Also made sure my wife knew what was going down and that the guy was going to be with me in the garage.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I had a meeting for some gear I found on craigslist.

The meeting went well and the cash and goods traded hands. At that point we got to talking and before we knew it, both of us had our pistols "out".

It all started when I joked that no one goes to a craigslist transaction unarmed. I spotted his gun covered by a book by his shifter. He laughed and showed me his little .380, I countered with my .45.

We kept talking and he says you'd be stupid to meet anyone from Craigslist unarmed.

The one time my wife sold something on Craigslist...we went to the meeting point with me armed.

Top Bottom