• ...and so much more!
  • RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    I debated putting this in general firearms, but it could also fit in carry issues.

Shorthand: Phantom fireworks has a no firearms policy :( . Patriotic fireworks is gun friendly :) :
    Read below for details:

Quite a few years ago, we used to spend a bit of cash on fireworks display for Independence Day. I'd go all out, and electronically wire the ignition, having it all pre planned. I used to buy from Phantom fireworks on the west side of Indianapolis. About 5 years ago, we began spending the holiday at a seasonal campground, who put their own show on. So we quit doing the big shindig.
    Fast forward to this year, and everyone is begging us to put a show on again.

Yesterday I discovered Phantom has a 'no firearms' policy (due to insurance reasons). This really bummed me up. So I went home distraught, and left a message to them on FB stating such (I don't carry the 'lost my business due to no firearms cards' around with me).
    But I called Patriotic Firearms, who is just a block away (I didn't realize they were there), and to my delight, the kid asked someone (manager?), who responded that 'yes. It's fine to carry in the store'.

Today, I went and bought my $520 worth of gear. Turns out that they have better pricing (which probably beats phantom's 2 for 1 deals), and mention of their firearms policy came up with the '20 something' kid who was helping me find what I wanted. Turns out, this guy was the one who was asked yesterday when I had called. I mentioned my dismay at phantoms firearms policy in spite of them selling fireworks to celebrate 'independence day'. We soon got back to shopping for more items, as I was more interested in the passion of fireworks than guns (and likely so was he).

When we got into the parking lot (I had a rather large box that wouldn't fit in the cart, and he offered to carry it out for me, amidst all the other stuff I had), he surprised me when he brought up the firearms policy again.

He didn't seem to be an avid shooter by any stretch, but he brought up the gun issue with me, stating that "phantom has that policy due to the boston bomber supposedly buying fuse or something from phantom. They apparently record id info and such", (in some vague attempt at thwarting future violence?). This is all second hand mind you...

But what struck me, is that he sympathized with gun owners when he stated 'It sucks that the actions of a few idiots affect everyone else'. And 'When you called and asked, I figured "Well, if he's calling and asking, then he's got to be fine". We talked for a good 20 minutes about all kinds of shooting, Indiana's laws, and how firearms are commonplace amongst the population (especially rural communities).

While I pointed out that it's not a crime to 'say nothing, and ignore any policy of such a store', I appreciated that they valued gun owners rights, despite his not necessarily being someone who carries himself. He had mentioned he had a past coworker who had carried regularly.

I was kind of pleased that someone his age, had a decent head on his shoulders to sympathize with our plight, despite no indication that he was an enthusiast during our conversation. While I'm sure he was happy for the sale, he spent much more time talking firearms AFTER the purchase (rather than prior). Maybe I am reading too much into it... but that conversation went very well compared to most other FB-esque conversations where people are so tied to their ignorance that it isn't even funny.

In short, I walked out of there with more bang for my buck (literally) than the 2 for 1 scam at phantom, and a good bit of actual conversation from someone willing to learn and share. If you're looking for fireworks around Indy, I'd recommend Patriotic Fireworks on the west side of Indianapolis (On high school rd. just south of Washington st).

Anyone who wishes to chime in with other gun friendly firearms shops near you, is certainly welcome.

maverick18

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Clinton County
    I am going to go out on a limb here and say that the fireworks store next to Four Guns in Lafayette is firearm friendly, since Ryan, the owner of Four Guns, also owns the fireworks store! Great prices to boot!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Maybe it's just me but I can't help but to see the irony in any establishment whose primary purpose is to distribute cheap and unpredictable explosives to drunks and children being not gun-friendly.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    I had an experience a couple of years ago. The clerk couldn't care less about my O.C., the deputy that was acting as "security" was extremely pissed off and kept threatening to arrest me. Of course she was sitting with her back to the door with her nose in her phone the entire time I was in the store and I was almost done checking out before she noticed. I think that she was upset by her lack of situational awareness and needed to "do something" in reaction to her fear.

Top Bottom