N/E Corner
    Gun_Control_Explained.jpg

wagyu52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    South of cob corner
    I just realized something, dose the NY legislature realize that they failed to account for the round in the chamber, that makes 8 :eek::faint::runaway: But thankfully a semi auto only has one chamber, or dose it :dunno:

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    It's asinine. You can have 10 round magazines in NY, but if you put more than 7 rounds in it, it's a misdemeanor. How does that stop criminals, exactly? If their argument for magazine restriction is to stop mass killings, how does this help anything?

It's a law against an action, not against possession of an item. Putting 10 rounds in a magazine is a misdemeanor. Murder is a felony. Do they assume people will not commit a misdemeanor to commit a felony?

If only CT would have had this law. Adam Lanza would have loaded all his 30 round magazines with 7 rounds, and it would have ended differently. This is the most nonsensical law I've ever seen.

They didn't even ban the mags! Just loading them is illegal! If they truly believe that a ban will keep these item out of the hands of criminals, that's one thing. But, if they expect a CRIMINAL, who, by definition, COMMITS CRIMES, to obey a law forbidding an action, THEN WHY THE HELL ISN'T A LAW AGAINST MURDERING SOMEONE SUFFICIENT?

GlockPaperScissors

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2012
    South Bend, IN
    It's asinine. You can have 10 round magazines in NY, but if you put more than 7 rounds in it, it's a misdemeanor. How does that stop criminals, exactly? If their argument for magazine restriction is to stop mass killings, how does this help anything?

It's a law against an action, not against possession of an item. Putting 10 rounds in a magazine is a misdemeanor. Murder is a felony. Do they assume people will not commit a misdemeanor to commit a felony?

If only CT would have had this law. Adam Lanza would have loaded all his 30 round magazines with 7 rounds, and it would have ended differently. This is the most nonsensical law I've ever seen.

They didn't even ban the mags! Just loading them is illegal! If they truly believe that a ban will keep these item out of the hands of criminals, that's one thing. But, if they expect a CRIMINAL, who, by definition, COMMITS CRIMES, to obey a law forbidding an action, THEN WHY THE HELL ISN'T A LAW AGAINST MURDERING SOMEONE SUFFICIENT?

Well said.. If I could rep you again, I would.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    And the best part is the hastily crafted law does not exempt police officers! Rest assured though, they won't be prosecuting themselves, after all, when you call them because your life is in danger they really need those extras bullets in order to save you.

Got it? One person, possibly alone and without "backup" (possibly without even a phone to call 911) does not need more than 7 bullets. HOWEVER, when police come in cruisers with shotguns and 30 round AR15's in the trunk along with their entire unit of backup and SWAT, they need 15 rounds minimum on their hip. This is more liberal elitism at its finest. Cuomo's body guards sill surely have more than 7 rounds, you can count on that!

Additions to be made to gun laws for law enforcement | 7online.com

Of course, if laws made criminals obey then it would be somewhat fair if there were a single armed (but otherwise law abiding?) attacker. But if there is more than one attacker (gang violence is one of the most common forms) or a criminal that--oh no--doesn't obey the law, you are outgunned. I'm convinced these laws are criminal, and do nothing but diminish your 2A right to self preservation.

Liberals need exposed and demolished in the elections as well, in the courts, and on the streets. They should not be able to walk outside without an angry mob hunting them down.

Last edited:

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    I never dreamed I would ever hear of the day that a Wilson 9 round 1911 magazine would be banned by a state! Now that is plain ridiculous IMO.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    I never dreamed I would ever hear of the day that a Wilson 9 round 1911 magazine would be banned by a state! Now that is plain ridiculous IMO.

Nope. It's perfectly legal. Just make sure you only put seven rounds in the magazine. They didn't ban magazines that hold more than seven rounds, they made it a misdemeanor to put more than seven rounds in a magazine.

Top Bottom