• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TJSaltdog

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2012
    Lafayette
    When adding to your collection, do you stay with a certain manufacturer? Collect a certain caliber or two? Collect all sorts of calibers?

At first I wanted to try and collect all kinds of calibers. Now Im thinking about collecting just 9mm and 40 cals.

jmil

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    Brazil
    All types for me I have my specific ones now I'm trying to mix it up i want to be able to get ammo when there is none if you know what i mean

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    When adding to your collection, do you stay with a certain manufacturer? Collect a certain caliber or two? Collect all sorts of calibers?

At first I wanted to try and collect all kinds of calibers. Now Im thinking about collecting just 9mm and 40 cals.

I have not. though i do own more S&W's than anything else. But I am also a Ruger fan. And i plan on adding at LEAST 3 Rugers to my collection, a Ruger Mark lll Hunter, a Ruger Single six or single 10, and a Ruger Vaquero.

MarlinMan68

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Indiana-Michigan State Line
    I have a collection of Colt Diamondbacks and Pythons.I do shoot them once in a while though,I bought a few of them new and shot them a lot at first,who knew they would be worth so much years later.It is hard to find a good deal on one now unless the seller really isn't educated on them.

TJSaltdog

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2012
    Lafayette
    When I first started I was like Im going to collect all different calibers. Then I find out that Im not a fan of the 10mm.I love the 40 and 9mm and love my RI 45ACP. I have never shot a 38,380,357. I would like to shoot a 357 pistol to see if I like it. As for manufacturer, I like S&W, I even Like EAA. The RI is the only 1911 i have ever shot and its a bottom tier 1911 gun. If the RI impresses me like it did, I can only guess what a Colt, Kimber,ect 1911 would do.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Anything is fair game for my collection.
    If I get a reasonable deal and I want it, it comes home.
    I've had a few in my hands but deals fell through.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama

I think you need to define the word 'collection' before you can even answer it in your own mind.

Some people collect Enfield rifles. They were chambered in a few different calibers and they were made in several variations. So a 'collector' would probably want one of each variation in each caliber. That would be a 'collection' of Enfields.

Some simply buy guns. Buying and owning guns is not necessarily 'collecting' them. 30 different pistols from a dozen different companies in a few different calibers would probably not qualify as a 'collection' in my mind. But 30 different Colt fireams would be a nice start on a Colt collection.

XDLover

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    Delaware County
    I'm far more caliber specific now. I sold off everything that wasn't 9mm in pistol and don't care really about maker (other than if its junk or not).
    I find I do the same in shotgun now too, the odd gauge stuff is out and I'm stuck to 1.
    Now rifle, I can't say the same for it. That would be pointless :)

Of course that was all before the tragic boating accident...........

84VETTE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Salem
    I collect magnum revolvers, anything 10mm, any other caliber pistol that has a significance to the technological advancement of firearms over the past century or so, and finally I really enjoy browning shotguns.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    I always try to keep my calibers to a minimum and as common as possible, but for me personally... I purchase with the intent on filling a niche (whether or not that "niche" is necessary is another question) ...rather than purchasing guns that are similar to what I already have. (with the exception of Appleseed rifles) I'm looking for new tools....

This year I have a few different types of firearm goals...
    -.22lr long distance bolt action for benchrest shooting and beyond (Savage or CZ) A long distance trainer
    -Conceal Carry 9mm (CZ Rami or maybe a single stack 9mm)
    -Savage Axis .300Blk conversion (just need the barrel)
    -AR-15 .300 Blk SBR (have the completed lower... just need to build the upper)
    -AR-10 build (have the stripped lower... just need to build)
    -7.62 supressor
    -.22lr supressor​

Last edited:
    Top Bottom