• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    And just to be clear, when I'm working the desk, I get two types of customers looking for extended mags.

One group has a Ruger/Keltech or some other PCC... and I has envy. Wish I had room in the safe for one.

And, not to cast aspersions, just what I observe, but the other group typically has neck and face tats.

Just sayin'

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Yes, your spare mags (as are many of mine) are extended mags, but not the street parlance of "extendos".

That is 'reserved', lol, for Glock 33 round mags and such. At least that's the only time I've heard it, as in "Ya got any Glock extendos in stock?"
    I bet my chip mccormick 10 rd'er would be an "extendo". Looks hilarious out of a 3" compact. I' dying to get one of those 25rd drums for hte 1911

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    And in my observation, typically inserted in a Glock carried in the front pocket or "commando" appendix sans holster.
    I'm so stealing "commando appendix", that's pure gold!

Glock, commando appendix, with a stendo... saw that at the Get Go at Rockville and Country Club the other day.

grayishman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2022
    Too close to Gary
    Round two: My 33-round stendo - Glock factory, 17 rounds loaded - same ammo as last time 147 grain 9mm - dropped six feet onto my garage floor.
    Results: Made a louder noise than last time. One bullet protruded from the magazine but none escaped. But as I said, I replace springs at the first sign of wear so it's feasible it wasn't even a cheap one.

What's the takeaway here?
    Don't drop your magazines in public.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Round two: My 33-round stendo - Glock factory, 17 rounds loaded - same ammo as last time 147 grain 9mm - dropped six feet onto my garage floor.
    Results: Made a louder noise than last time. One bullet protruded from the magazine but none escaped. But as I said, I replace springs at the first sign of wear so it's feasible it wasn't even a cheap one.

What's the takeaway here?
    Don't drop your magazines in public.
    One of the pictures I saw you could clearly see the magazine spring on the ground, which makes me think it either landed on the baseplate, or the baseplate retainer broke on impact. 3892EE91-ACE7-4DB4-8FE0-8ABC4C65CDE2.jpeg

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    I will say (and I doubt it was this) but the Colt 9mm SMG magazines are THE WORST designed ever. If you drop them you will get anywhere from half to all 32 rounds kicked out like a pez dispenser!

My agency ran them and I hated qualification day as those nimrods every department have dropped them after they didn’t seat them correctly slowing down everything!

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    One of the pictures I saw you could clearly see the magazine spring on the ground, which makes me think it either landed on the baseplate, or the baseplate retainer broke on impact. View attachment 229575

Those aren't stock Glock mag components. Maybe an aftermarket extension?

One way or another, loose mags shouldn't be swimming around loose in a backpack. They are inordinately heavy when not secured.

Like I said above, a dumbass move.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I asked for the whole story from someone who knows. I'd want them banned from my property as well.
    I'm assuming you can't share the whole story, otherwise you probably would have. But can you share if you know what kind of firearm the magazine was for? I'm hearing it was a AK mag and he had an AK pistol. But Lord only knows if that is anywhere near accurate.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I'm assuming you can't share the whole story, otherwise you probably would have. But can you share if you know what kind of firearm the magazine was for? I'm hearing it was a AK mag and he had an AK pistol. But Lord only knows if that is anywhere near accurate.
    Picture posted above is of pistol caliber boolets

FNparabellum

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Aug 30, 2022
    Indianapolis

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Lawful doesn't mean responsible. Let's be honest, the mall is likely safer without these knuckleheads inside it.
    While that may be true, it`s not the point. It`s clear that the hero saved many, many lives by ignoring their no-guns policy. There`s been no word on how long he`s banned from the mall. It`s been decades probably since I`ve been in a mall, and it`s because 1.) I have no need to be there, but most importantly, 2.) Too many stupid things tend to happen these days when there are a lot of people congregated together. Everyone will decide for themselves whether they`ll just ignore the policy and spend money there, or whether they`ll make a decision based on principles, and keep their gun and their billfolds out of it, that`s up to the individual. But gun-free zones are virtual killing fields, and signs don`t stop criminals and crazies, and law-abiding gun owners shouldn`t be expected to be gun-free.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

Standard pistol caliber as far as I know.

Honestly I don't know what's public and what's not. I made a contact high up in the food chain in Greenwood's invest during the active shooter at the mall a little while back and I called him directly. I got the story but didn't want to impose and take up more of his time going down various rabbit holes. Mainly I wanted to know if there was an ongoing threat to public safety, what "the deal was" sort of things. Not what type of gun, caliber, etc.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    There are three pictures of the floor, all three show the same two (2) pistol length rounds.
    In fact they could easily be the same photo just cropped differently.

I guess they didn't take pictures of the rounds scattered all over the floor - surely nobody would exaggerate about that.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom