• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dentoro

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Fairland
    Everyone on here should let them know you won’t be using any of the stores in the mall. Maybe the stores will leave the mall for more business, putting the mall out of business. It been my experience, just complaining and no action doesn’t change anything. For what it is worth

Hello,
    In light of your more strict policy change after the Greenwood Park Mall shooting, I will never step foot in or around any locations or stores near your properties. I feel the right of self defense is a human right and should not be limited, especially to those who have passed a police check for a carry permit. It was a Good Samaritan that saved those lives, not police. I do not feel safe or welcome in your malls per your doubling down on disarmament and condemnation of innocent people. I can not willingly give you my dollars and let you enjoy the spoils of capitalism while enforcing leftist communist agendas. I will also continue to spread the message to ALL those I love that they are not welcome or safe in your establishments per your disarmament policies.

Not a single dollar more from me,

Last edited:

grayishman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2022
    Too close to Gary
    I just dropped a Glock factory 33 round 9mm mag six feet onto my concrete garage floor, fully loaded of course, for science. It made a noise and the bullets stayed inside. Polymer is a little scuffed. What in the hell were they carrying?

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Everyone on here should let them know you won’t be using any of the stores in the mall. Maybe the stores will leave the mall for more business, putting the mall out of business. It been my experience, just complaining and no action doesn’t change anything. For what it is worth

Hello,
    In light of your more strict policy change after the Greenwood Park Mall shooting, I will never step foot in or around any locations or stores near your properties. I feel the right of self defense is a human right and should not be limited, especially to those who have passed a police check for a carry permit. It was a Good Samaritan that saved those lives, not police. I do not feel safe or welcome in your malls per your doubling down on disarmament and condemnation of innocent people. I can not willingly give you my dollars and let you enjoy the spoils of capitalism while enforcing leftist communist agendas. I will also continue to spread the message to ALL those I love that they are not welcome or safe in your establishments per your disarmament policies.

Not a single dollar more from me,

Well, except the policy isn't more strict. It's the same as it's always been and is pretty universal in Simon Mall properties as best I can tell. I don't think they trespassed the "Good Samaritan"...

Personally, I just carry and STFU about it, don't drop my magazines, and don't behave in an attention seeking manner. Other than my yoga pants. But that's my business.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    I just dropped a Glock factory 33 round 9mm mag six feet onto my concrete garage floor, fully loaded of course, for science. It made a noise and the bullets stayed inside. Polymer is a little scuffed. What in the hell were they carrying?
    I’m just presuming but with working as an instructor and armorer and fixing plenty of YouTube Glock armorer attempts or amateur builds along with seeing what I see on a retail range and the absolute crap that gets marketed
    I’d not be gambling much to say one of the cheap aftermarket Glock or whatever brand mags. The clear ones seem to be partially easy to break as the plastic on this is brittle.

grayishman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2022
    Too close to Gary
    I’m just presuming but with working as an instructor and armorer and fixing plenty of YouTube Glock armorer attempts or amateur builds along with seeing what I see on a retail range and the absolute crap that gets marketed
    I’d not be gambling much to say one of the cheap aftermarket Glock or whatever brand mags. The clear ones seem to be partially easy to break as the plastic on this is brittle.
    I guess that could make sense. Never bought a cheap mag and never intend to. Cheap usually means cheap.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

Partially load it. Let inertia move the cartridges down then slam them back up. Cheap mags may be the issue, but so could partially loaded mags, particularly when coupled with worn springs. I've resprung many Sig training mags over the years due to repeated use making them weak.

jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau
    I guess that could make sense. Never bought a cheap mag and never intend to. Cheap usually means cheap.
    I know MecGar hasn't gotten the memo on cheap mags yet, but I also don't make a habit of dropping them or having partially loaded mags.
    I agree with the "just carry and stfu" idea, let it be someone's last surprise if ever the need were to arise, God forbid.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Well, except the policy isn't more strict. It's the same as it's always been and is pretty universal in Simon Mall properties as best I can tell. I don't think they trespassed the "Good Samaritan"...

Personally, I just carry and STFU about it, don't drop my magazines, and don't behave in an attention seeking manner. Other than my yoga pants. But that's my business.
    At least you wear pants

grayishman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2022
    Too close to Gary
    Partially load it. Let inertia move the cartridges down then slam them back up. Cheap mags may be the issue, but so could partially loaded mags, particularly when coupled with worn springs. I've resprung many Sig training mags over the years due to repeated use making them weak.
    Oh, nice control! When I'm home again I'll do just that. I replace all springs at the first sign of wear though.

I know MecGar hasn't gotten the memo on cheap mags yet, but I also don't make a habit of dropping them or having partially loaded mags.
    I agree with the "just carry and stfu" idea, let it be someone's last surprise if ever the need were to arise, God forbid.
    If you're going to carry concealed then that means you're carrying concealed. Couldn't have said it better myself.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

giphy.gif

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Can't remember the last time I was in a mall, maybe back in the 90s, but I don't remember stickers on the doors or a policy sign. It's a long drive to one now.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    I mean my backpack has loose spare mags in one of its pouches. Also has first aid kit, spare medicines, water bottles and sone form of snack/sustenance. I don’t carry it in a mall. Stays in the car.

Also, technically all
    My spare mags are “extendo mags”. Full size 1911 8rd mags and I usually carry a compact. But just in case I decided to carry the big girl those mags still fit. Interchangeability and all that.
    Yes, your spare mags (as are many of mine) are extended mags, but not the street parlance of "extendos".

That is 'reserved', lol, for Glock 33 round mags and such. At least that's the only time I've heard it, as in "Ya got any Glock extendos in stock?"
    Just to review: there was dumbassery afoot. Mags shouldn’t dump ammo everywhere when dropped. Mall quote-unquote security sometimes wears bus driver hats, sometimes cowboy hats, Carry 2 radios and zero guns.

For the sake of continuity, “stendo” will be used to describe 24-33 round magazines that are actually inserted in a carried handgun. This term does not apply if you have one of these magazines in your console, Glove compartment, or in the safe at home.
    Yes, this :)

And in my observation, typically inserted in a Glock carried in the front pocket or "commando" appendix sans holster.
    Likely the cheap knock-offs... some could care less about the quality of their "extendo", just the capacity... or more importantly, the "look".
    This too... what BBI said.

I'm guessing most of us carry our guns with a round chambered and the magazines, whatever the capacity, topped off. ditto our spare mags... full capacity (or some may download their mags by one).

Some/many/most in the 'extendo/stendo' crowd have whatever number of rounds happen to be in the 'clip'. Generally of random and assorted manufacture. I recall a news article of a LE interaction/arrest where the gent had a Glock 19... with a 33 round extended mag... with IIRC, 9 rounds in it. :rolleyes: :dunno:

Top Bottom