• ...and so much more!
  • BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I carried a Ruger Security Six and it shot loose with .38 SPL ammo. I replaced it with a S&W 66. I really like the trigger on the K frame Smiths. I like the way they handle and they look very nice. I've shot many rounds out of a 4" 66 and only had to have it re-timed. Smiths are easy for DIY minor repairs, if necessary. I've shot and handled the GP 100. It is a tough gun and shoots where you aim it. However, I'm not fond of the trigger (coil spring) and the sights. I really am not a big fan of it's handling characteristics either. If I were going to get a tough .357, and shoot it a lot with magnums, I'd choose an L frame Smith. That being said, I own no L frames and 6 or 7 K framed Smiths. If you like the feel of the Ruger, you really can't go wrong with it, though.

trophyhunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 2, 2008
    South Bend
    If ever a wheel gun was made for the long haul, the GP 100 is it. To me it embodies all the qualities of the old saying "built like a brick outhouse:D" As much as I really appreciate the style and finish on many of Smith's revolvers, the older pinned blued models especially, I would give the nod to the Ruger.

Top Bottom