• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    139   0   0
    Sep 3, 2010
    Dark & Rich (just how I like my women!)
    4.jpg
    That's pretty cool. What wood or stain?

You'll want a hardwood. I'd go with something dark for stainless, ymmv. Realize that walnut and oak are open-grained and will require something to fill the surface. Something like maple is pretty light colored as wood, but there are dark stains, and it's closed-grained, so it won't need filling. I've used it for guitar necks, and it should be righteous for a gunstock.
    Do you mean like a sealant for after, or a treatment so it doesn't over penetrate, or what?

I've been tempted to purchase some VZ grips in battle ship gray, but these stock grips that ED Brown used just seem right (for me).
    I've thought about a dark gray wood stain, but I keep thinking "may as well get synthetic then".

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    On a stainless weapon, what type/shade/color/stain of wood would you prefer?

Not know much about wood...breeds (?) myself, nor ever having been a proponent of stainless weapons, I'm looking for input from the masses.

The weapon in question will likely be a matte stainless, if that affects anyone's opinion, and I'm looking at a single barrel shotgun, but am interested in your opinions on handgun stainless/wood mixes as well.

Go Masses, go!

I am not found of the really light woods...but anything from a medium to a dark stain is pretty good looking. Ruger has a nice contrasting set of choices for looking at on the MK III Hunter model.

10118.jpg

10132.jpg

Top Bottom