• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BIGSHIVES1

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 29, 2011
    :cheers: Congrats on the new piece! I remember when I bought my first Glock, I was excited like a kid on christmas! Have fun and be safe!

charley59

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    In Carroll County
    I purchased my 1st centerfire pistol, a G17, in 1988. Still have this gun, just refreshed it with some new parts last year to celebrate Glock's 25th. The G17 has over 40K rounds through the gun, but handling the gun, one would swear it has been shot very little. I also own a G19 and a G21, both Gen 3. The G19 is the most fun to shoot. I just took the G19 and G17 out yesterday to the range. Great guns.

Footfighter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Muncie, IN
    I purchased my 1st centerfire pistol, a G17, in 1988. Still have this gun, just refreshed it with some new parts last year to celebrate Glock's 25th. The G17 has over 40K rounds through the gun, but handling the gun, one would swear it has been shot very little. I also own a G19 and a G21, both Gen 3. The G19 is the most fun to shoot. I just took the G19 and G17 out yesterday to the range. Great guns.

That is pretty awesome man you have kept it that long. I don't ever want to sell mine I'd like to keep it like yours, just be able to shoot it a lot.

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    i just did the exact same thing this weekend..didnt get to shoot it til yesterday, but i also love mine alot..

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    Outstanding choice! Great firearm, G19s are the choice of a serious concealment platform. Have had as many as 4 Glocks at one time, different calibers. Now only a G19 available, but always am looking for other various models!

doctrpt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 16, 2012
    Cope, IN
    Bah, it was just a joke, but a prescient one... not 30 minutes later, I compared carry guns with a coworker, me with my Glock and he with his new Sig 1911. His was prettier.
    No problem, sorry for the slow reply....I just love getting new guns, and if I can't, I love reading about others getting new guns!!:)

acss502

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Central
    I also bought my first glock over the weekend. Love the gun. Didn't know how lonv it would take ms to get used to the trigger pull, but on the 2nd mag I was putting them in the 10 range. I was very impressed with this 'hunk of plastic' (as my uncle calls them)

12many

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    over there
    Up until 3 weeks ago I had never even held a glock in my hand. Had no use for them and never ever picked one up to look at. Then a guy at work had a 23, Gen3 for sale with 2 std mags, 2-22rd mags, a really cool & bright tactical flashlight hanging on the rail, tritium glo-in-the-dark sights and a bunch of ammo. He needed $500 so I bought it. Then 4 days later another guy who new I bought the 23 came up and wanted to sell his 27, Gen4 with lots of stuff for $400! so I bought it too. I ended up selling the 27 for $500, so I figure I got $400 in the 23. Took it out to MCFG and dang if it don't shoot purdy good. It felt good so it is the new nightstand gun. Now before anybody gives me what for for stickin it in the nightstand I just want to say that I haven't drunk the whole cup of glock-aid yet. It is a good gun and now I don't have to pick up a flashlight when I investigate boogie men, like I had to with my good ole S&W M39.

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    Thanks for the well wish's guys I'm sure I'm going to have to get me another Glock someday. I intend to buy a lot of 9mm ammo and put this glock to the test.
    Do exactly that!! it should run great. THere's a great vid on youtube by Hickock45 where he runs a lot of cheap, and not so cheap, ammo thru his G19. runs everything flawlessly, but he (and most self-defense shooters) prefer the heavier ammo, and even some +P ammo.
    I know a few guys that run +P ammo and they say the glock loves it. Anyone know if this is true?

RealTree

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 9, 2011
    Greenwood
    Spend lots of quality time with your new Glock...take it to breakfast, for a car ride, to the grocery, and top off the night sitting her on your night stand! Enjoy!

jworm1420

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    and yes like they stated before, they will reproduce. i got my first glock last month, g19 FDE, liked it so much went and got a g19 EXO two weeks later. i think i have a problem, its a disease. once u get the first one, u gota get another.

Top Bottom