• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Footfighter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Muncie, IN
    I've been looking at the Glocks quite a bit ever since my friend let me shoot his Glock 27. Well this last weeked I just picked up a 3rd gen Glock 19. I was able to shoot 100 rounds through it over the weekend and man do I love this gun. Finally a Glock owner!!

Glock.jpg

jworm1420

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    how u like it??? i prefer steel framed,i.e baretta, but i just bought my first one bout month ago. i was pleasant surprised with how well they shoot. i got 2 now. i still prefer steel, but found the glock has its own qualities. i like to have eclectic mix of firearms.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    As a fellow Glock owner, let me be the first to say that owning a Glock isn't something to brag about :D It's like owning a Stanley hammer. It's a hammer. It does what it's supposed to do. All the people with the fancy nailguns will wonder what you're going on about.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Compare just about anything in it's class to a G19, with respect to specifications, that is; length, height, width, weight, barrel length, and capacity - and it's hard to beat.

Almost all the competition is heavier, has less capacity, shorter barrels, etc. - all things that adversely affect "carry-ability", ballistics, and/or defensive capability.

I think you made a good choice for a defensive tool.

Congrats on the new gun.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Congratulations on the new piece! I have a deep respect and love for Glock and I put mine through the ringer and they did nothing but shine. One of the most brilliant things about the Glock is that you can now have a gun in all the major calibers and in several different sizes but aren't changing the basic operation of the gun. 9mm, .40, .45 ACP, .357SIG...and in full-size, compact and sub-compact, they are all essentially the same gun. Holsters and magazines interchange making it easier to own multiple Glocks since you aren't on a quest to buy a new holster every time you buy a new gun.

Keep shooting it and let us know how it goes!

doctrpt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 16, 2012
    Cope, IN
    Unlike the above poster (several above), buying ANY gun is something worth bragging about for a few days! Heck, enjoy the new purchase.....so many kill joys.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Unlike the above poster (several above), buying ANY gun is something worth bragging about for a few days! Heck, enjoy the new purchase.....so many kill joys.

Bah, it was just a joke, but a prescient one... not 30 minutes later, I compared carry guns with a coworker, me with my Glock and he with his new Sig 1911. His was prettier.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 30, 2012
    Elkhart, IN
    I definately prefer the Sig to a Glock. But the price is almost 30% more so I can see why lots of people go with Glock. I read somewhere that the latest sales data was that 63% of all handguns sold in the USA were of the Glock variety. I'm not a big fan myself but I have never followed the crowd.

Footfighter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Muncie, IN
    Thanks for the well wish's guys I'm sure I'm going to have to get me another Glock someday. I intend to buy a lot of 9mm ammo and put this glock to the test.

Top Bottom