• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • standanjohn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    No kidding! There have been several attempted and successful robberies of IUPUI employees and students on campus lately, too.

peloe16

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2010
    Cincy
    i go to the university of cincinnati where there are at leas a couple armed robberies around campus every month. the bad guys know the students walking off campus have no way of protecting themselves.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    i go to the university of cincinnati where there are at leas a couple armed robberies around campus every month. the bad guys know the students walking off campus have no way of protecting themselves.

Is it illegal to carry on campuses in Ohio? in Indiana it's not illegal just against the rules.

Jross1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2010
    I am a college student and I agree that we should be allowed to carry on campus. If you fear for your life then I think it should definitely be an option.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Man, as nice of a school as UIndy is (that's how they're calling themselves now. Perhaps WTHR isn't aware...), it's in an area that's kind of ghetto-fying.

You go 2 blocks north of campus and it's almost a whole other world than if you go 2 blocks south.

And again, there's nothing in the LAW that says the students can't carry a firearm with them while on campus and while students.

*I'd rather be expelled and alive than still enrolled and not alive.

-J-

AuntieBellum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Rensselaer
    Interesting that the events were NOT broadcast on their campus watchdog network, either (text alerts). You'd think if the news was big enough to...well, make the news...that they'd pass along the info for all students. Major FAIL on the part of the school, I think. I actually alerted my sister at the same time a friend called to tell her - because someone living in the dorms called her mom, who happens to sing in the church choir with me. :n00b:

Even if the threat was gone, we all know how rumors spread - a quick text saying, "Alleged gunman in the UIndy area this evening. Area has been cleared. Use caution when traveling alone at night," or something similar would have been nice. There are a lot of commuter students there, so it would be nice if they had a heads up and could decide if they really needed to head back to campus for that one last library book.

OR they could allow students to carry. ;) The area really is pretty ghetto. Not East side ghetto, but still not great. Great school, though, and I never felt threatened in my four years there.

dondavis3

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    DFW area
    This is like many important things "a two edged sword".

Most campus attacks have come from people that do not have a "carry" permit at all.

Allowing adults that have passed the concealed carry requirements of their local laws seems to be a very good idea to me.

I don't know why we shouldn't be allowed to protect ourselves on campus as well as anywhere else.

:cool:

Top Bottom