Going to the 1500, I want a 9mm & need help choosing.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • glockguy07

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I for one never really believed that, I have sold new items that have just been expensive crap, only to know first hand that the lower priced unit was either the same or even better, but clients would not accept it due to the status involved with spending money,but that is for another discussion.

Other than the trigger being a bit stiffer on the SIGMA, what would you say is the biggest drawback to saving about 25-35%?

I apologize I should have expanded on what I was thinking -

I wouldn't go with a S&W semi automatic due to my experiences with the steel framed pistols and the M&Ps - All they do for me is jam - now a S&W revolver is a different story. I have not fired a Sigma, but do to their horrible reputation.

As for any Taurus I have seen their 1911s and polymer framed pistols jam and break at the range - just not my cup of tea, so I've stayed away from them altogether.

Both pistols are somewhat cheaper than what I would suggest you buy...

Glocks in 9mm
    HK USP
    HK P30/P30L
    Sig 226
    Beretta 92FS
    Sig P250
    Browning Hi Power
    FN FNP
    Kahr K9
    Ruger P Series

Bronsonbull

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    just north of Indy
    The Sigma and Taurus Millenium 24/7 that you mentioned are notorious for having some of the worst DAO triggers out there. I'm a Smith and Wesson M&P fan, but not a Sigma fan. On top of the trigger, my buddies that bought them as 1st guns all had FTF/FTE problems. Unlike GlockGuy07 I've had nothing but perfection from my two M&P9s. If I remember correctly, he had some earlier models, which may be the reason he had problems (because I heard this from others).

I say go with the G19. It's the perfect 9mm to start with. Then you can move up to the M&P9 when you want to upgrade and get serious about shooting the center out of your targets. Just kidding, well kinda :)

Oh yeah, another great carry gun in the Sigma/Taurus price range $300-$350 is the Bersa Thunder Ultra Compact 9mm. Great little gun, that shoots great and costs around $300. Plainfield Shooting Supply and Down By the Tracks has them. Very reliable and they have an excellent reputation.

Top Bottom