• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jeremy1066

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    make sure you hold a Gen 3 before deciding on a Gen 4. I held both when picking out a new G19 and the Gen 3 felt much better to me

Tandor

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 4, 2011
    Chesterton
    Friend just got one @ Blythes in Valpo. 525.00 (Glock 17 gen 4)but they are more $$$ at Blythe's. Check Midwest gun exchange in South Bend, they have the best prices I've seen in years!! Got a Remington 870 tactical on sale for 299.00. Give them a call!

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Friend just got one @ Blythes in Valpo. 525.00 (Glock 17 gen 4)but they are more $$$ at Blythe's. Check Midwest gun exchange in South Bend, they have the best prices I've seen in years!! Got a Remington 870 tactical on sale for 299.00. Give them a call!

$525 for a gen4 17 is 10% over dealer cost. Just checked Midwests website and they are selling them for $572 online, shipping and taxes not included. :dunno:
    Thing with Glocks are they are a dime a dozen, meaning a lot of them out there. Pricing is normally very close across the board for dealers if they want to sell them.

huskymt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2011
    Nevada
    I’m very happy with my gen 4 G23 and I have put over 400 rounds through it with no issues. I have a gen 3 G19 that is stone cold reliable, but I do like the gen 4 fit & feel much better.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana

That really surprises me about Blythe's. I had to laugh quite a few times in the Valpo shop while checking out guns and seeing the tags. Almost everything was over priced. The other Blythe's shop is also a bit over priced.

Midwest has some really good deals but they're also a little high on some things (I've gotten a couple pretty good deals at Midwest and the staff at both shops are pretty good to work with). If you're up in this part of the state and willing to go from Valpo area to Mishawaka, avoid Gun Town on 30 just west of Plymouth. I've contacted them on pricing for certain guns and they have been the highest price I've found so far. Wish the owner the best of luck (pretty decent location if people aren't too willing to drive to Valpo or Mishawaka or don't research anything to do with pricing) but unless it was something I absolutely needed and nobody else had, I probably wouldn't be spending much in there. Pricing was about the same as Gander Mountain (GM is just over MSRP for the gun I was asking Gun Town about and Gun Town was $9 cheaper).

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    Great deal. :yesway:

They had the same model, round count only 4 600 rounds, no magazine, front sight missing for only $775 at Don's Gun. :):

the front sight only gets in the way when your trying to get it in and out of a car window in a hurry...and you don't need a front sight to shoot sideways anyway

Top Bottom