• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OVERTHEHILLGUY

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    NEAR GREENWOOD, INDI
    As some of know I love my small Glock 43 .
    Now I am looking for a nice out side the waist band holster.
    I would like a pancake style flat against the body holster.
    Never owned a leather holster. Good/bad??
    How about a holster that combines the pistol and a extra magazine?
    Lets share the good and bad about OWB holsters.
    jt

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Can't answer for a G43 specifically, but I bought an ETW holster for my Shield. I really like it. Great mom and pop operation. I sent them an e-mail to ask about a OWB holster and he e-mailed back and asked if we could talk on the phone. We had a great conversation talking about what I might like the best. When I said I'm ready to order, he smiled(you can pick that up through the phone even though you don't see the person) and said; "I'll send you to customer service". Which means he handed the phone to his wife. She was very pleasant and took my order. This was Saturday late morning. On the following Monday, my holster was waiting for me when I got home from work.

I don't write reviews and I don't respond to customer satisfaction surveys very often. I really think I am going to do a review on it here on INGO.

It's just not often you come across people like this and I had never even heard of them until my brother told me about them.

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    There are literally thousands of different options. Some people love leather. Some people hate leather. I prefer kydex but I'm a little biased. Less bulk, positive retention, elements don't mess it up. What are you wanting the holster to do? Something for plinking at the range? Something to conceal? Something to open carry? I've never understood the whole mag integrated to the holster thing but some people like it.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    JM Custom Kydex. Version 2 OWB is excellent. I carry my G43 in one all the time under a t-shirt. Love it. I have a few of their holsters. They are top notch and well worth the wait.

Tater36

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2014
    Greenwood
    I have a desantis mini-slide that is awesome. keeps pistol pulled in tight. only problem is I recently added a tlr-6 llaser/light and they don't make it to carry that so I had to order a kydex one.

twfshelton

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    The woods of green
    I have found the TTgunleather high ride snap to be my preferred owb since father time has caught up with me. Due to different pant makers putting loops in different spots and some have more space between, while some have less. The snap holster allows me to put my pants on and then position the holster where it works the best with that pair of pants. I have also found the snap holster much easier to put on when I use a super stiff belt, like the comptac gunbelt with the plastic stiffener. I don't seem to the contortionist I once was. the snap on holster also eliminates the put it on and then have to take it off because it isn't in the right position.

Top Bottom