• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    My thing is that if it's going to be "too big to pocket carry" like many are saying why didn't the make the grip a touch longer (1/4-1/2" maybe?) so that it's still small like shield size. Then it would be an option for a very concealable fighting pistol and not in a small bug size where you're missing a round and finger unlike the shield... I want an option that is better than a 19 or 26 to carry as a primary when needed for better concealment/ smaller pistol lighter pistol (that the shield currently fills) when needed or wanted. This seems like a bug gun not a good primary

I wanted a single stack glock to basically replace the shield because well "it's a Glock" and what I carry any other time. Oh well I've made it just fine till now, just seems people wanted smaller or larger. I am sure it'll still sell.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    My thing is that if it's going to be "too big to pocket carry" like many are saying why didn't the make the grip a touch longer (1/4-1/2" maybe?) so that it's still small like shield size. Then it would be an option for a very concealable fighting pistol and not in a small bug size where you're missing a round and finger unlike the shield... I want an option that is better than a 19 or 26 to carry as a primary when needed for better concealment/ smaller pistol lighter pistol (that the shield currently fills) when needed or wanted. This seems like a bug gun not a good primary

I wanted a single stack glock to basically replace the shield because well "it's a Glock" and what I carry any other time. Oh well I've made it just fine till now, just seems people wanted smaller or larger. I am sure it'll still sell.

I'm about here on this, too. I was sincerely hoping for the Shield Killer with a single-stack 9mm Glock the profile of the 19 but as thin as the 42..10+1 or somewhere in that neighborhood.

I know it will sell, I know it will shoot great, I know I will own one, I am still excited about it but seeing that it is only a touch larger than the G42 I'm not as on fire for it like I was with the prospects of it being a Shield equivalent.

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    I am a huge Glock fan, but I am surprised about a few things.
    1.) I am surprised they didn't release it in .40 at the same time. While 40 May be a dying caliber to some (fbi switched back to 9 so everyone thinks it's on its way out), building the gun to handle 40 will increase the service life of that gun in 9mm. Also, many LE departments still use 40 and a small 40 would prevent them from needing to have a different caliber available for their officers' BUG. A 40 version of this would also help pull the die hard 40 lovers away from the shield (and everyone knows someone would eventually make a conversion barrel for it).

2. Why this size? I, like many others, expected shield size. Honestly the 26 is just about shield size, and I have a baby glock and a shield and choose to carry the baby glock over the shield because the width isn't that much different. I feel like this glock isn't that much smaller than the 26, so I personally can't justify getting one just yet. I will hold one when they come in and go from there, but right now I don't see it becoming a part of my collection.

wally05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    I personally find the shield MUCH more comfortable to IWB carry than the G26/G27. It's a single stack 9mm with 8 rounds in it (7+1) or 9 at what feels like a much more compact package than the Glock... and the shield is shootable. I was hitting the 9 ring at 25 yards with it. It's all relative, but I find the shield a much easier weapon to conceal in a wide array of clothing. I think the G43 is a contender, but I just wished they could squeeze one more round in the short mag.

I am a huge Glock fan, but I am surprised about a few things.
    1.) I am surprised they didn't release it in .40 at the same time. While 40 May be a dying caliber to some (fbi switched back to 9 so everyone thinks it's on its way out), building the gun to handle 40 will increase the service life of that gun in 9mm. Also, many LE departments still use 40 and a small 40 would prevent them from needing to have a different caliber available for their officers' BUG. A 40 version of this would also help pull the die hard 40 lovers away from the shield (and everyone knows someone would eventually make a conversion barrel for it).

2. Why this size? I, like many others, expected shield size. Honestly the 26 is just about shield size, and I have a baby glock and a shield and choose to carry the baby glock over the shield because the width isn't that much different. I feel like this glock isn't that much smaller than the 26, so I personally can't justify getting one just yet. I will hold one when they come in and go from there, but right now I don't see it becoming a part of my collection.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    No, there's still the Glock carbine.

I, of course, will still be agitating for a 10mm in the G36 platform.
    I have wanted a 10mm for at least 15 years and one of these days, if only because of you, I will likely own one. At the very least an upper to put on a G21.

I am not sure this new $500+ Glock replaces our $250 Nano's but if the wife wants one, she gets one because all of our real guns are Glocks.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    With all the good choices on the market now I think I might pickup a single stack 9. Come on Glock 43. Should be some good deals on Shields, PPS or XDs coming to soon to a forum near you.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I want to try shooting a single stack 9. I've only held the shield at my LGS, and wasn't THAT impressed. But I want to shoot one.

I'm curious to find out how much of a difference the G43 would be compared to my G26.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    Glock is still the most tone deaf company in the firearms industry... Almost as tone deaf as when Henry Ford said, "Any customer can have a car painted any color that he wants so long as it is black". Glock lovers have been wailing for a single stack 9mm for more than a decade, and the rest of the firearms industry answered the call with a slew of slender shooters in that popular caliber. Only after manufacturers like S&W, SA, Sig, Ruger, Beretta, Walther, Kahr, Bersa and others establish market saturation with their skinny parabellums does Glock decide to pay attention to the market. Well excuse me if I take a decade or two to finally pay attention to Glock's tardy Teutonic narrow-nine.

Last edited:

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    My order has already been placed, at least they have all of the necessary info and as soon as it is possible to order mine will go in. I bought a 42 which has been near flawless and I've been waiting for a single stack from Glock for many, many years. This will fit the bill nicely.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    My order has already been placed, at least they have all of the necessary info and as soon as it is possible to order mine will go in. I bought a 42 which has been near flawless and I've been waiting for a single stack from Glock for many, many years. This will fit the bill nicely.
    Wow, you go boy.

mxxkffg

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 15, 2011
    southside Indianapolis
    I'm about here on this, too. I was sincerely hoping for the Shield Killer with a single-stack 9mm Glock the profile of the 19 but as thin as the 42..10+1 or somewhere in that neighborhood.

I know it will sell, I know it will shoot great, I know I will own one, I am still excited about it but seeing that it is only a touch larger than the G42 I'm not as on fire for it like I was with the prospects of it being a Shield equivalent.

Ditto, I was hoping for something with around a 3.8" barrel and a full grip with a 9+1 capacity. I'm sure I will still own one though, once the +1 mags show up and we have holster options.

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    GT Distributing is listing the LE price at $358 and retail for $449.

https://www.facebook.com/gtdistribu...39932341779/10152630312261780/?type=1&theater

I guess it's official... before it's officially official...
    Glock 43 is a single stack 9mm.
    $449 pre-order
    $358 LE/blue label

10349128_10152630312261780_1394009926634837308_n.jpg

Top Bottom