• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • grumpe

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    whiteland
    I would try looking at the gun and knife show in Indianapolis. It's this Jan. You may find somthing there for under $300. I got my 40 and my 9 there. I can carry my 40 but the beretta is too large to concel. She may have to spend more than $300 now days to get somthing that's good and will work.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Used, you should be able to find a reliable Taurus Millennium or PT24/7 in that range.

A 642 is quite a handful for a new user and is not conducive to practice ending often in the wish to (a) flinch horribly, and (b) stop practicing all together.

She should be able to pick up a used PT111 Tauraus 9mm for very close to her 300(maybe 325). Not a bad pistol at all. If I am wanting to carry without being noticed it is what I usually carry.(if i do not care about being noticed I just carry my 92FS :P So I do own what I am suggesting. I have had 0 problems with it.

rpgoings

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    southside indy

you can find a nice used tauras millineum or you can get a new bersa 380 they are both good guns and i have had both and never had a problem out of them:draw:

Ricnzak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Noblesville
    If your up in Lake county try Jerry's Guns in Rensselaer. They are going out of businees and selling off inventory. When I called they were selling Glocks for $489.00 for most models. I couple of friends of mine just bought from them. The number is 219-866-8707. Good Luck.

alfahornet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 25, 2008
    My wife saw the new Walter PPS at a gun show and fell in love with it. Very concealable but only holds 6-7 rds of 9mm. She has medium sized hands and was well sized for her. I didn't feel uncomfortable for me either but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone with very large hands

Big Naughty

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Hendricks County
    save some more money

well if she's looking for a home defense weapon i'd say a pistol grip shotgun with low noise/ low recoil ammo. but if she wants something to ccw i'd tell her to hold onto that $300 until she gets another $200 and get a Glock 26. like the previous post said $300 won't go very far

alfahornet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 25, 2008
    The Glock 26 is nice and concealable. I am considering buying one. I do have to say that my wife's pick the new Walter PPS beats it in that it really thin grip. They are going for about 620 which is about a hundred over the glock so there is a point there.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Melensdad,

I am not very familiar with pistols and lack any real interest in modern guns, so consider this for what it is worth.

I am partial to my newly acquired CZ-82. It has a 13 round magazine and ammo is reasonable. You can get them at J&G sales or many other online merchants. Take a look at Shotgun News for several suppliers.

It fires a smaller 9x18mm round, but still very deadly. Recoil should be light for a lady. They are accurate and dependable. They will of course all be used.

You can get them for around $200 online if you have your C&R. I don't know how much they would retail for.

Another option along the same line would be a Hungarian PA-63. These can go for $100 - $150. Again 9x18mm caliber w/ a 7 or 8 shot clip (I forget which). This thing actually has a little kick to it for its size. The Hungarian PA-63 also comes in a model (I think PA-7) that fires a .32 caliber round.

That's what I know.

Doug

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    152   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    PSS had PF-9s for $259.00 or $269.00 last week when I was there. Not a bad gun for the price the only thing I don't like about them is the trigger pull. IMHO

Out of curiosity, what shop is PSS? At that price, I'm going to buy one tomorrow if they are still there! Been PF9 shopping for a while again.

fullauto 45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Dec 27, 2008
    SE Indy
    I would suggest the Walther P22. Good and easy to carry, I carry one, and very reliable. Cost is about $325.00 sometimes less, just depends on where you look.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    central indiana
    Sig P6 for under $300 including shipping and transfer fee. I have put almost 300 rounds through mine now and love it. Gun is 25 years old and still problem free. Only thing is that the sights need adjusted, but the tool is $150.

i have a sig sight tool...

migt i sugges a used S&W 3rd gen auto..
    908 / 910 / 915 / 3914
    they can be found around 300 ....
    not a match gun but very reliable and user friendly..
    smaller than the P6 , not as small as sig 239..
    lots of holster choices for them..

Top Bottom