OSUT 257: Spring is Finally Here. Bring on the Outdoor Fun and Grilling Season!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BeDome

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    Howdy, folks.

Just spent an eternity at the Miejer store.
    Father of Daughter, speaking.

They've ripped out half the parking lot!
    It has to happen sometimes, but ... now?
    Suppose so.

Went to work my way out after it was over and some self entitled waste of oxygen had parked in the crossover between lanes. Both Ways!!

I was fifth car back. Once we figured this out we all had to back up into four more people who just wanted to go that way to get out, too.

Nine cars having to reverse in tight space with twenty people shoving their carts in front of, behind and between us took a minute!

Last edited:

BeDome

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    I've recieved a small box of bearings, thrust shims, starter cap, new brushes with springs, a 220V switch and felt packing pads to go into making the old Baldor motor go again.

I actually got it going, as I expected to, on the bench, but it sounded like a thrashing machine and wiggled around like a pole dancer, not that I know what that means.

I have only just begun to get this old thing cleaned up. Only got it apart Sunday.
    Can't use any modern spray cleaners, because they often used shellac for windings in the old days.
    Soap and water and soap and water and soap and ... Yeah. That's the only safe way.

But, after a bit more bench, this motor is going to run, good as new!

I needed something positive after that Meijer parking lot and this little box of parts was waiting for me at the front door after all that.

BeDome

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    I think an early night is in the works.

Last night my mom called and we talked for two hours.
    We sent her flowers and some chocolates for Mother's Day. It arrived early. Even better.
    Manners she taught me was to call and thank.

I am always worried about sending sweets to west Texas in May, but treasured wife took the bull by the horns for all of us.

It's just like here, but a little worse, maybe.
    A box of chocolates in a big brown truck in the sun can become colloidal quickly.

But we talked a lot. Recent storms tore the beejeebees out of every day things for everyone. Mom got by really well.
    Worst part for her was hours in the storm cellar, alone, while H*ll came to visit.

Top Bottom