• ...and so much more!
  • Bulletbill86

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2023
    Indiana
    OK I'll field this one.

INGO is not like other places on the Internet. It's not just an avatar when you know the people in the realz. A lot of us know each other.

Like anywhere else, group dynamics comes into play. Forming, storming, norming, performing not only rhymes, but it's very true.

Also, a lot gets lost when communications are not face-to-face.

As far as "good ole boys" running things, those days are long in the past here. While the staff is predominantly male, 20% of the staff is @mom45 who is definitely not a good ole boy.

Those of us who have been here for years have seen a lot. Some folks I've expected to not last long have been here for years. Some folks who I'd had very good and cordial conversations with? Implode without warning.

Stick around, this bunch will grow on you. A big dysfunctional family, but it's OUR big dysfunctional family.
    the sad part is i likely know alot of the people here personally. I have been in the gun community here in indy for a long time
    im just new to forums. by good ole boys i didnt mean male or female ... it means like when a certain group has control or gains enough control of something to then force their agenda or silence or bully or threaten others ..... how does anyone take it when you say to "tread lightly" ??? this is ridiculous to say the least...
    first reply to a thread ever and second forum ever ... and all the people telling me to join ingo for the last 10 years .... wish i would have joined sooner..

thankyou to all the kind words sent my way

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    the sad part is i likely know alot of the people here personally. I have been in the gun community here in indy for a long time
    im just new to forums. by good ole boys i didnt mean male or female ... it means like when a certain group has control or gains enough control of something to then force their agenda or silence or bully or threaten others ..... how does anyone take it when you say to "tread lightly" ??? this is ridiculous to say the least...
    first reply to a thread ever and second forum ever ... and all the people telling me to join ingo for the last 10 years .... wish i would have joined sooner..

thankyou to all the kind words sent my way
    There is an ignore function on here. You will learn the ones who know everything about everything and could never possibly be wrong.

Just click on the username and click ignore to use.

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    It makes sense if you want the problem actually fixed.

Costing the city money over the issue is the only way it will be fixed. Violating people's rights should cost the city money.

That's the issue with fighting "The Man" they have more resources so we just sit back and get screwed and say, well that's the way it is.
    Which is why I think it would be nice if someone formed a 'class action lawsuit'

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Being a mod on this forum can be a lot like herding cats. It is a huge forum with a great deal of activity so if mods get a little cranky or jump to conclusions at times, a discussion can usually clear things up fairly easily. We are all human and comments are sometimes typed out hastily while doing other things so they may not come across as intended. I think we all try our best to be fair and often discuss posts that get reported or that we see while perusing threads on the forum.

Lots of personalities here as well so that can also lead to differences of opinion. The forum definitely requires a thick skin. Takes me back to my first day here and being called a troll. :lmfao:

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    The replica German Wehrmacht bike with sidecar still cracks me up...
    This one?

NfwOAx3.jpg

Last edited:

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Reported. Not enough diversity.

Seiously though as someone who has been here a long time we have one of the best mod crews ever. We lost a couple recently that were top of the game but the current crew works hard to be fair and balanced. We have had some..... interesting mods in the past. If you think you're being attacked with this crew you probably should just log off now. It's not us, its you and that is NOT thick skin.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    it means like when a certain group has control or gains enough control of something to then force their agenda or silence or bully or threaten others
    There is no agenda here other than to support and advocate 2A rights, gun ownership and safety and spread our experience/knowledge around.

The only "certain group" that has control of anything here are the members and mods who are all a group of 2A advocates, patriots, and gun/shooting enthusiasts. We watch each others backs, we joke, poke, and make fun of each other too. No one gets personally attacked here without someone earning stiff consequences (a timeout from the forum either temporarily or permanently by the mods).

This is a diverse group of like minded members from all walks of life (mostly). If you ever get the urge (courage) to visit the General Politics sub-forum, you'll see just how opinionated some of us are.

I'll admit that a couple of the posts in this thread may be taken as negative and counter-productive, your contribution to the discussion has been recognized, you make a vaild point (about sticking with it to beat the process) and thanks for that.

Oh, and GL***s suck!:p

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    We sure are swimming in a lot of attitude lately, huh? Lotta newbies wanna hit the ground running by telling seasoned users and staff how things need to be... :n00b:

Wonder where this thought process comes from? This seems to be a trend over that last year or so? A noticeable lack of manners?

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    It makes sense if you want the problem actually fixed.

Costing the city money over the issue is the only way it will be fixed. Violating people's rights should cost the city money.

That's the issue with fighting "The Man" they have more resources so we just sit back and get screwed and say, well that's the way it is.

Therein lays the problem.

The City doesn't care if they spend 200 hours of billable time fighting you. They don't care. It's not their money. It's the taxpayers'.

But if a citizen has to pay $300 or so for each billable hour, having a lawyer spend a few hundred hours on the problem isn't quite so attractive.

And if you wanted to fight it on 4th Amendment grounds, I suspect that there would be far more than 200 hours dedicated to it.

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    lol what does that mean ? threat?
    We treat each other like family here. We genuinely care for and support our family. Other than that, we treat everyone with humor, laughter, and often friendly disdain.

Get to know the members. They are far more likely to help you and make fun as they do it in a family manner.

Go easy until you get the feel of the place.

And a hearty welcome.

Don

P.S. : Do you like pineapple on pizza?

led4thehed2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Oct 16, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Interesting developments since yesterday. Anyway, I was glad to see investigative work done on this issue, and appreciate the information coming to light. Makes me think I might need two of each of my carry pistols. Buy more guns? Oh nooooo!

Last edited:

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Being a mod on this forum can be a lot like herding cats. It is a huge forum with a great deal of activity so if mods get a little cranky or jump to conclusions at times, a discussion can usually clear things up fairly easily. We are all human and comments are sometimes typed out hastily while doing other things so they may not come across as intended. I think we all try our best to be fair and often discuss posts that get reported or that we see while perusing threads on the forum.

Lots of personalities here as well so that can also lead to differences of opinion. The forum definitely requires a thick skin. Takes me back to my first day here and being called a troll. :lmfao:
    I was going to try to get this thread back on track, but that's really not my style :lmfao:

First off, who called you a troll?

If we get an INGOer with the handle "CatHerder" we must get them on the staff.

Now how do I attach my 300 Power Point slides on group dynamics... :rofl:

Top Bottom