• Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    No shocker.
    I watched an impd information officer on the news last night tell me downtown indy was safe.
    Well i know thats not true because friends who are cops that I do trust, have told me otherwise
    I don't trust anyone anymore that i dont know, especially the government and its agents

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Moving to Gen Pol so I can merge it with the thread below.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    No shocker.
    I watched an impd information officer on the news last night tell me downtown indy was safe.
    Well i know thats not true because friends who are cops that I do trust, have told me otherwise
    I don't trust anyone anymore that i dont know, especially the government and its agents
    Saddam had Baghdad Bob. So what would this clown's name be?

JAB12

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2023
    Plainfield
    Unfortunately I need to pass through Marion County to go to work but I am thinking that I am going to reduce voluntary trips into Marion County. That means I am not spending money in Indy! I think we ought to encourage gun shows to move to donut counties. The NRA should tell Indy no more conventions there until this changes. Need to hit them in their pocket book.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Unfortunately I need to pass through Marion County to go to work but I am thinking that I am going to reduce voluntary trips into Marion County. That means I am not spending money in Indy! I think we ought to encourage gun shows to move to donut counties. The NRA should tell Indy no more conventions there until this changes. Need to hit them in their pocket book.
    Yeah, good luck with that.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Saddam had Baghdad Bob. So what would this clown's name be?
    She's not actually a clown at all. She'll make a sailor blush, I've worked with her for quite some time. However, when she is giving an official statement, she is speaking on behalf of the Chief. Millions of people visit downtown without issue. It is actually quite safe. Not perfectly safe but I don't think twice if we want to go down there for dinner or a movie.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    She's not actually a clown at all. She'll make a sailor blush, I've worked with her for quite some time. However, when she is giving an official statement, she is speaking on behalf of the Chief. Millions of people visit downtown without issue. It is actually quite safe. Not perfectly safe but I don't think twice if we want to go down there for dinner or a movie.
    How about a long walk along the canal after dark? LOL

And the clown reference was specifically in her role speaking for the city. I know some very nice people have to speak for some very not nice orgs.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    How about a long walk along the canal after dark? LOL

And the clown reference was specifically in her role speaking for the city. I know some very nice people have to speak for some very not nice orgs.
    Some parts I might avoid, just depends on the occasion. I avoid lots of places people gather when it gets late, bars, festivals, parties. That is regardless of this city, rural areas, or other cities. Life is smoother that way. But there is always a small risk in any urban environment. It is what it is and it's never bothered me.

TheGhostRider

Watching from a distance…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Been watching this thread... Finally got a chance to participate in it. Had to think it through before I posted.

So... Let's say a person who carries everyday, everywhere, concealed most of the time finds himself embroiled in a self-defense scenario. This person (Mr. LAC) has a LTCH issued by Indiana but is covered by Indiana Constitutional Carry, has an NRA instructors certification and has a spotless lifestyle with no criminal record.
    Mr. LAC has an unwarranted attack on his person and uses his sidearm as a last resort to stop the attack.

Officer Serious shows up with the cavalry after the shooting is over then the statements are taken. Perp didn't make it... witness states that perp tried to stab and rob Mr. Law Abiding Citizen.
    Officer Serious "confiscates" Mr. LAC's side arm... FOR WHAT? Proof that Mr. Lac actually shot the perp!
    Weeks go by, Mr. LAC finally gets a response from Officer Serious.
    Mr. LAC is informed that proof of purchase is required for the return of the gun!

Here's the real questions I have:
    Does this happen every time a self defense action takes place throughout the state of Indiana or just "certain" locales?

What if Mr. LAC purchased the gun from an acquaintance on INGO legally?
    Both purchaser or seller have clean records. No worries there!
    BUT... no invoice/receipt/BOS was created so NO record exists of the transaction.
    Now what?
    No bill of sale... no luck?
    What means does one have for the return of their legally owned property? Steps needed to prove ownership?
    Does this mean a person shouldn't purchase a pistol from a fellow INGO'er for the purpose of carrying it for personal protection?

Would it be logical to say: One should only carry what one has purchased through a LGS and has a proof of purchase for said item?

Asking for a friend.

Top Bottom