• ...and so much more!
  • printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    My kid is there, I just asked him. NO metal detectors that he saw.

PS If you see a 7' black knight from FireEmblem that's him.

36840bd9fff79ddf0f924175c5cddf1d.jpg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    I've never been. But I worked downtown for several years and remember distinctly when the convention was in town. The costumes! By my observations, a metal detector would more trouble than it's worth. The swords! The hats!. The shields! Ball and chains. Capes, hoods, horns. Good luck with a metal detector.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    I took a short cut through there the other day.

Saw no detectors....just a buch of silly signs on "tolerance",

View attachment 158937
    Took my gf for her first time on Sunday. It was my 8th gencon. I could write pages of awesome **** I've done there.

So, we posted up by a wall near the food court. We were sitting by the wall. Closest person to us was maybe 10-15 feet.

We were sitting and chatting while I waited for a pal to text me back.

A worker asked me to put my mask back on. I put it on, she walked away I took it off.

Some nerdy-bitch about 10-15 feet away said "can you please put your mask back on"
    My reply was a polite "no thank you"
    He then said "I'm going to tell the staff!"

Me: "alright"
    My gf: "what about all the signs that say no harassment?"

Nerdy-bitch: yelling to some staff "are you ops?! Hey ! Ops! They won't wear masks!"

He kept repeating himself voice cracking and all.

Gf: let's get the **** outta here.

Me: yea **** this

We got up, I went to the trash can next to the nerdy-bitch to throw some trash away and said "hey go **** yourself"
    The gf gave him the bird and we left.

We were dicks for being rude? Yes. Was he a dick for being a **** about our masks? Yes.

Why can't people mind their own business?

It's too bad our time there had to end like that. Otherwise we had a good time.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Took my gf for her first time on Sunday. It was my 8th gencon. I could write pages of awesome **** I've done there.

So, we posted up by a wall near the food court. We were sitting by the wall. Closest person to us was maybe 10-15 feet.

We were sitting and chatting while I waited for a pal to text me back.

A worker asked me to put my mask back on. I put it on, she walked away I took it off.

Some nerdy-bitch about 10-15 feet away said "can you please put your mask back on"
    My reply was a polite "no thank you"
    He then said "I'm going to tell the staff!"

Me: "alright"
    My gf: "what about all the signs that say no harassment?"

Nerdy-bitch: yelling to some staff "are you ops?! Hey ! Ops! They won't wear masks!"

He kept repeating himself voice cracking and all.

Gf: let's get the **** outta here.

Me: yea **** this

We got up, I went to the trash can next to the nerdy-bitch to throw some trash away and said "hey go **** yourself"
    The gf gave him the bird and we left.

We were dicks for being rude? Yes. Was he a dick for being a **** about our masks? Yes.

Why can't people mind their own business?

It's too bad our time there had to end like that. Otherwise we had a good time.

Wow....even with a "no harassment" sign on every door. I guess those signs are about as functional as those "no firearms" signs.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    "if masks work, you wearing your mask protects you. If your mask doesnt protect you, my mask wont protect you either. So STFU"

Its the whiny victim mentality from the ignorant, woke uber liberal geek crowd that makes me want to not take my kids to comicon.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    "if masks work, you wearing your mask protects you. If your mask doesnt protect you, my mask wont protect you either. So STFU"

Its the whiny victim mentality from the ignorant, woke uber liberal geek crowd that makes me want to not take my kids to comicon.
    Unfortunately the woke BS is becoming more and more prolific in the hobby as board gaming becomes more popular. I can't really blame the publishers for taking advantage of the idiots but at the same time I'm already tired of seeing the increasingly prevalent climate change themed games. A variety of social justice pushing themes are starting to show up now too.

Top Bottom