• Status
    Not open for further replies.

JosephR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    NW IN
    Yep, that will provide the 45 days they calculated for a transfer and signoff and to get the papers back to them.

strongcrow

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy Central
    Just for information, the dealer to dealer transfer for my YHM supressor took 12 weeks. That was after Greg from Beech Grove was given dealer status from YHM. Just information, with the deadline out there and all....................

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    VUPDblue is right.

I'm not the ATF, but if I said I wasn't, would you still be believe me?

I'm not really sure what you're talking about. I know anyone can own a suppressor as long as they meet the requirements. Not everyone can get them by "walking it through" instead of waiting a little while. LEOs can buy them a little easier, they probably know the CLEO on at least a professional level.

Relax, Joe, relax!

JosephR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    NW IN
    "walking it through" has nothing to do with being LEO. If your CLEO will sign it while you walk in, then you "walk it through". If not, you don't.

The question originally hinted that it was being asked by someone who just didn't know- or had the same ideas in their head that others have.

Not my fault someone asked a question that made it sound like they believe LEOs have a different process for acquiring suppressors.

JosephR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    NW IN
    Oh no brother, I didn't assume anything. You did make a statement that sounded like you didn't know what you were talking about- plain and simple. You said something that made it look as though you feel LEOs have an easier time, did you not?

I sure didn't assume they have an easier time as I know that just isn't the case. What is there to assume anyway?

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    LEOs possibly do have an easier time obtaining filled out paperwork. :horse:

LEO: Hey Bob, I'm getting a supressor this weekend. If I take you out to lunch, will you fill my necessary paperwork today?
    CLEO: I love free lunches. It's a deal!

:ingo:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom