• Status
    Not open for further replies.

JosephR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    NW IN
    It seems Gemtech is offering to PAY YOUR TAX if you buy a Tundra and get your paperwork in to the BATFE by June 15.

The Tundra is the 1.25" 9mm can that comes with an LCD for pistols that do not have a fixed barrel and a separate piston spacer can be purchased and used on 9mm rifles or pistols with a fixed barrel.

It's simple from what I've read- you order a Tundra from ANYONE- your dealer or Gemtech and get your forms filled and put together and IIRC, you send it all to them. They'll look it over and send it to the BATFE with the check for the $200 stamp.

JosephR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    NW IN
    Sorry, go to ar15.com and look in the armory and then suppressors...

Or, contact Gemtech, told them you read it on AR15.com and just ask them the details. They are great guys and will get you through it.

They DO have FDE (anodized) Tundras in stock- only a small amount from a contract overrun.

JosephR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    NW IN
    Thanks Shooter. I can't get there from here at work...

Ignore the usual trolls and the other morons in that thread...

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    To save folks from having to de-louse after visiting ARFcom: ;)

It's April 15th, Tax Day... That happiest time of year.... GEMTAX TIME!!!

Always ones to take negative economic news with a sense of humor and following our tradition of always trying to help folks in the suppressor community find a bright side, GEMTECH announces a unique suppressor event that's never been done by a manufacturer before. We're turning "tax time" into "Gemtax time"!

So we humbly submit our way of giving back and helping out the community that might be strapped for tax dollars this time of year:

From today, Tax Day, April 15th through the end of the month, while The Man is taking your hard-earned money, GEMTECH offers something big back to you:

WE PAY YOUR TAX!!!

Details:
    Purchase a GEMTECH TUNDRA suppressor, the class-leading compact 9mm silencer from your favorite FFL/SOT dealer between April 15 and April 30th and Gemtech will pay your $200 NFA Transfer tax for you!

With your dealer's assistance, complete your Form 4 with local CLEO or Trust/Corp data, etc., Fingerprint Cards, Certificate of Compliance – Get everything all done and ready to go to BATF... except that nasty $200 dollar check made out to the Feds. Don't worry about that during Gemtax time - This one's on us.

Instead of sending it to BATFE, send your completed Form 4 package to Gemtech along with a copy of your dated sales receipt for your TUNDRA suppressor. (We strongly and politely suggest you send your submission in a trackable manner, so a.) it gets here, and b.) you don't have to call us on the half-hour for the next two weeks, asking "Umm... Hey, sorry to bug you, but I'm just checking if you got my envelope yet?" From there,

WE PAY YOUR TAX!!!

for you and Priority Mail it in to ATF for processing. We'll send you notification via email or USPS as to the date it was sent in to BATFE for processing. It's up to the always friendly and efficient NFA Instrument Examiners to take it from that point. (Hi, Ted!) They'll approve the thing eventually, provided you're not the town bad guy, didn't do something wrong on your forms, etc.

After what seems like forever, but really isn't that long in the grand scheme of things, the BATFE will send the approved transfer to your dealer with a pretty $200 dollar tax stamp glued in the upper right hand corner –– which will always be a cheery reminder of that special time of year when GEMTECH paid your tax for you.

Small Print #1: Look, for your own man-sake here, don't embarrass yourself by being a whiner - we're trying to do something nice here, so if you already bought a TUNDRA just prior to the sale, hey –– suck it up enjoy your cool, industry-leading silencer, and drive on, you know? Companies run coupons and sales all the time with start and expiration dates. But, we're Gemtech, and thus we're all about showing a little love to our early-adopters and fans, so as a goodwill gesture, we'll send you a Gemtech hat if you send us proof of purchase/Form 4 copy for your TUNDRA made already this year (purchased Jan 1, 2009 through April 30, 2009, contact us for details).

Small Print #2: Ok, so you're thinking "Wow, I don't mind spending money with a good American firearms company like Gemtech, and it sure chaps my butt to give another red cent to the government, so I think I'm going to run down to my local FFL/SOT and get on this unique opportunity today!"...

…but your dealer doesn't have one in stock! Crap! What do you do now? (Tell your dealer to keep more on hand!). Look, no problem: We've got hundreds on the shelf right now.

So get to your dealer this week and order one or more (yeah, because *some* guy is going to ask - yes, you can buy a mess of them and we'll still hook you up paying the taxes... why not?).

If you order with your dealer before April 30th, it's going to take roughly 45 days maximum to have NFA Branch approve one from Gemtech to your dealer. When your dealer gets it in, get hustling, complete your Form 4, and get it in to us before June 15th with your proof of purchase that you bought it between April 15 and 30th, and we'll *still* write that $200 dollar check for you. This offer ends entirely on June 15th ––So make sure your dealer actually orders it from us you when you order it from him!

Small Print #3: Complete your forms correctly. We'll send them back to you without a check if they aren't submitted done right. Sorry, but no, we can't help you get your own fingerprints (unless you also send us your fingers), nail down a CLEO signoff, establish a corporation in Nevada for you, or provide you with a bootleg copy of Quicken Willmaker for your Dell PC running Vista, etc. If you can't complete the forms, you can't participate in the offer. See your dealer early for assistance to get that Form 4 done in time to participate in this offer.

Happy Tax Day!
    TEAM GEMTECH

JosephR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    NW IN
    Well Barber, I would not shop with 21st Century anymore as they are clearly too quick to jump to conclusions. Feel free to call Gemtech yourself or visit the link and see for yourself that Kel from Gemtech posted this himself. It's not from April 1st, it's from the 15th.

21st Century sounds like the types of douchebags I wouldn't want to deal with as they seem to form "Facts" from their initial uneducated "guesses".

JosephR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    NW IN
    CALL them. Ask to speak to Kel or "DarkHelmet" from AR15.com. Dr. Dater can even help you and will. Tell them you want to order a Tundra and you will get them contact info of your dealer that they can send it to.

They are CUTTING this off completely on June 15th or 25th, whichever they list in the ARF thread. They are giving you 2 months from April 15th to get one ordered and transferred to your dealer, your paperwork done and back to GEMTECH so they can send out the check. After that, it's out of their hands and they don't want hassles.

Dealer to dealers are taking 3-4 weeks they said. Just make sure you know that if you send them your forms and info a day late, they won't look at them and send in a check for you. You have plenty of time but don't delay.

barber613

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Kokomo
    WOW, What the f**k. I was simply stating what I was told by a shop that quit a few people on here buy from and speak highly of.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Well Barber, I would not shop with 21st Century anymore as they are clearly too quick to jump to conclusions.

21st Century sounds like the types of douchebags I wouldn't want to deal with as they seem to form "Facts" from their initial uneducated "guesses".

Dude. Coming from someone who was not party to the conversation in question, that's a little harsh, don't ya think?

I've gotten calls/inquiries at the shop about seemingly outrageous stuff that people claim to have seen in a magazine or on the internet. If I haven't heard of it, I'll tell them so. To be fair, there's nothing about it on GT's website, and unless whoever barber613 talked to at 21st follows the ARFcom suppressor forum or saw it here, they'd have no way of knowing about it. But writing an entire shop off and calling them names because of something one employee might have said to someone you don't know strikes me as a bit... premature. Or is that immature?

JosephR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    NW IN
    Sorry, but saying it is not true is not the same as saying they haven't heard this and cannot verify it, right?

Ok so I take that back. Hopefully they don't always jump to conclusions. I have dealt with plenty of stores and shops that do this. I had a gunsmith tell my father he won't pin a flashhider because my dad (stupidly) told him he needed it done to make it legal (for his non-SBR).

jmb79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Wyoming
    From the list of dealers on Gemtech's website:

Bartee Transfers (Greenwood) (317) 865-9945
    Midwest Gun Exchange (Mishawaka) (574) 257-2666
    Rajo's Guns (Evansville) (812) 422-6945
    His & Hers Target Sports (Noblesville/Carmel/Sheridan) (317) 758-5886
    21st Century Firearms (Bluffton)( 260) 824-5530