• ...and so much more!
  • t-squared

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    Crown Point
    Tn has a .02 alcohol limit if you are a drinker. In other words, if you drink, don't be armed in public. Most bars kinda are gun free due to that law and rednecks of the past. lol Castle Doctrine also covers your car and motel rooms. I was living there when they passed the constitutional carry, What's different about it than here? oh and gun free signs are enforced. Also there is a duty to report. What they tell residents to do when pulled over to give your permit with your DL.
    Not trying to be "that guy", but the Handgunlaw.us link stated that Tennessee is NOT a must inform state...

Duty to Inform by state

loudgroove

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2023
    Lagrange Indiana
    Not trying to be "that guy", but the Handgunlaw.us link stated that Tennessee is NOT a must inform state...

Duty to Inform by state
    No be that guy if I am wrong about something like this. I had my permit transferred to TN in 2007. I still had to take the safety class and qualify with a handgun. I do remember in the class it was said there was a duty to inform. But then again Nashville is so blue they can't stand it. It wouldn't surprise me if that is a local law. The DMV also does the permits, so they are tied to a DL. A cop is going to already know if you have a permit when they run your tags. But no worries, I don't want to give out outdated or wrong info.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Was there last spring. CC wasn't an issue anywhere. The aquarium might have been the only place I saw a sign on the door, but I don't exactly remember.

Now, I'm going to recommend Harpoon Harry's Crab House. (Pigeon Forge) Probably one of the best midwest seafood quality restaurants. Quite impressive. They have bourbon flights too. I made a reservation mid week, but could have walked in (results may vary).

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    TN dept of safety and homeland security website lists the the codes. We are down there fairly often and I've carried open and concealed with no problem. Only gun related issue I've seen is at a federal building in the park a guy was being talked to by the rangers but i think they let him walk. I put away the guns anytime acohol touches my lips so that's not a big deal to me but there's signs to remind you of that.

CB1911

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 27, 2018
    Putnam County
    Was there this fall. I was not aware that Dolly Parton's Dixie Stampede dinner theatre would be a posted GFZ. They searched the ladies purses. That was stressful. I might have missed a few other signs like Big Daddy's but no issues.
    I also remember a few years ago that the aerial tram/Ober Gatlinburg was posted gfz. NP is fine and I did enjoy some trout fishing.

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    Tn has a .02 alcohol limit if you are a drinker. In other words, if you drink, don't be armed in public. Most bars kinda are gun free due to that law and rednecks of the past. lol Castle Doctrine also covers your car and motel rooms. I was living there when they passed the constitutional carry, What's different about it than here? oh and gun free signs are enforced. Also there is a duty to report. What they tell residents to do when pulled over to give your permit with your DL.
    Duty to Inform Officer You're Carrying?
    Do you have a duty to inform a police officer that you're carrying a concealed firearm in Tennessee?

There is no duty to inform a law enforcement officer that you're carrying a concealed firearm in Tennessee. A permit holder must have the permit in the holder's immediate possession at all times when carrying a handgun in a location or manner that would be prohibited if not for the person's status as a concealed handgun carry permit holder or an enhanced handgun carry permit holder and must display the permit on demand of a law enforcement officer under such circumstances.
    [Tenn. Code Ann. §§ 39-17-1351(n)(1)]

I copied this from the USCCA site.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    I'd like to go there if I could pry the old lady out of the house. Of course the K9s would accompany us if we can escape.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    I wasn't aware TN signs carry weight. Ignorance of the law is no excuse and all that. We've been there several times. I carry concealed as usual, never an issue. I was always more worried about trouble at the cabin rental and while hiking as apposed to the main strip. The only occasion I witnessed open carry was in Sevierville while shopping for groceries.

Top Bottom