• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Glocks don't rust you say,

No, actually he said 'plastic'. The bit of the pistol that started this whole sidebar with the "Glock won't last a century like muh 19 and 11 will".

Glocks have used a few different finishes for the slide, and corrosion resistance certainly suffered when they moved to one that was, allegedly, due to environmental regs. If that was the real reason or not, I've no idea, never looked in to it.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

Gaston Glock has passed away according to Glock, love or hate the guns they changed how modern pistols are designed and manufactured for ever essentially. Figured handguns was the most appropriate place for this one.

I thought H&K made the first polymer frame handgun. VP70 I believe was the first design of modern polymer pistols.

No doubt Mr. Glock made the most of polymer framed pistols early on.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    No, actually he said 'plastic'. The bit of the pistol that started this whole sidebar with the "Glock won't last a century like muh 19 and 11 will".

Glocks have used a few different finishes for the slide, and corrosion resistance certainly suffered when they moved to one that was, allegedly, due to environmental regs. If that was the real reason or not, I've no idea, never looked in to it.

Didn't take long for me to rust the slide of my G43, that is rarely carried. Gen5 G19, so far no rust even though the finish on the Holosun SCS is steadily wearing away...

20231227_185952.jpg

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    RIP Gaston.

I have carried a Glock 19 every day for the past … lessee, how many fingers... OK at least 12, maybe 13,
    years, and I have never had a spot of rust. One of the things I do best is sweat, and I live in Texas, and I carry IWB with a very minimalist holster (vanguard).

I had a gray one for a few years, not sure which generation it was, and then the19X, and neither one of them has ever had a problem with rust.

I wipe them down occasionally, but really, it’s amazing how well they hold up. i’ve been impressed with their finish.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana

Tenifer on the slides is used in Glocks plant in Austria also stopped using it years ago. The EPA will not allow it to be used here in the US.

Kdf101

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Sullivan County
    I like my Glock’s. Don’t love them, but like them. I will always have a few around. Carry them often. I am glad he was on this planet for a while. RIP.

Top Bottom