• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tomcat13

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Near Louisville
    Out & about this am. Noticed Gas Prices are now $4.25/gal for 87 Octane (in Sou IN).
    Gonna get Worse, Before it gets Better. IMHO
    Let's Go Brandon!

Flash-hider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2012
    My family farms.

Was talking to my cousin at church Sunday and he said the price of fertilizer has more than doubled from last year and thats if he can even get it. He works for a huge company who plants and test seed in this area and they still have not been able to get their seed or fertilizer in for the season yet. Not that is matters much since they have been waiting for months for combine, tractor and planter parts to come in.

My uncle is not planting corn this year, too expensive and doesnt think he can even get it in.
    For the first time in our farms 129-year history I made the decision the rent out the open ground. I found an individual who was willing to pay for the rent up front. That's the only way I'd do it.
    The numbers are too scary and with the uncertainty of the economy I couldn't risk it.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    For the first time in our farms 129-year history I made the decision the rent out the open ground. I found an individual who was willing to pay for the rent up front. That's the only way I'd do it.
    The numbers are too scary and with the uncertainty of the economy I couldn't risk it.
    Saw this on the Twitter last week. Numbers are probably much worse today...

FM-GSuPXMAQjKVW

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Electric heat is actually the most efficient means to heat with. 100% of the heat goes into the conditioned space and none up the flue. It's just insanely expensive to do so.
    We're both right. You are absolutely correct about thermal efficiency and I was talking about economic efficiency, dollars per btu delivered

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Well I guess we should be thanking brandon cause republicans are going to dominate in nov after gas hits 7$ nationally.
    I would say don't hold your breathe.....democrats have become a very strange people. They will most likely all complain that gas is not high enough and vote even more democrats in. We have some right here that will never believe Biden had anything to do with cost of gas. Thats what they are being told and they will believe it. Biden also lied today saying its Russian Ukraine invasion causing gas prices to go up, and America is producing more gas than anytime in history. The entire world can google and see he is a liar. Records were set under Trump and gas production slowed and is still slowing since Biden took office. Not a single democrat will believe that though. We are living in strange times.

PRasko

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 3, 2013
    Amish country
    Man i sure am glad i filled all my gas cans and vehicles when it was 329 a gallon. I only have to leave my house once a month to grocery shop, ill feel it there after a while, but gas prices won’t directly hit me for 4-5 months yet.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Another out of touch celeb, that doesn't realize that...
    1. The electric grid can't support everyone having an EV
    2. The cost of EVs would skyrocket because of everyone trying to buy one... if they could.
    3. The cost of EVs would skyrocket because all the part that are oil byproducts.. such as all that plastic.
    3. The cost of EVs would skyrocket because of the inflation. Parts go up. Labor goes up. Car goes up.
    4. Does he think EVERYONE can afford to go out an buy a new car, whether it's gas or electric?
    5. How many EVs does he think there are on lots? Pretty sure it's not enough to replace all gas cars.

Top Bottom