• ...and so much more!
  • BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Rob Kendall (WIBC) had an interesting discussion today with Micah Beckwith about Holcomb bringing the legislators back for a special session to approve his pittance of a tax payback plan. IIRC Holcomb wants to grant us back $250 of the $1400+ that we are all currently overpaying.

One of those guys mentioned that once the legislators are brought back, they can do whatever they want. They are not bound to do just what Holcomb brought them back for. They could suspend our (highest in the country?) gas tax.

The prick wants a special session for this, but nothing during his endless string of "emergency orders" during the scamdemic.

This ****er can gth.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    One of those guys mentioned that once the legislators are brought back, they can do whatever they want. They are not bound to do just what Holcomb brought them back for. They could suspend our (highest in the country?) gas tax.
    Not quite the highest, IL base tax is $.403 plus sales tax our base is $.32 plus the sales of $.24. Penn is a bit over a penny more. Oh and can't forget the feds $.182

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    I Did That

Filled gas cans with ethanol free 90 octane at Country Mark at $5.80 a gallon. Added Sta Bil so I don’t have to rotate it with $10 gas this fall. Saw same gas for $6.20 while driving home. Ready for the rolling blackouts.

FJB… Let’s Go Brandon

BA00FBA5-7D61-4167-8F01-EA70A1210412.jpeg

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Also, remember this.
    Oil drilling doesn't use pipe you get at Home Depot.
    There's an industry that produces the type of steel, and pipe, that is needed.

When you shut down the economy, and increase red tape so much that drilling is cut back, guess what happens to those that produced that steel and pipe.
    People get laid off and find different jobs.
    Manufacturers shutter the plant. Maybe even take the building down because of taxes.

And then when you go to start back up.. well, you have to make the machines to make the machines to make the machines.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Also, remember this.
    Oil drilling doesn't use pipe you get at Home Depot.
    There's an industry that produces the type of steel, and pipe, that is needed.

When you shut down the economy, and increase red tape so much that drilling is cut back, guess what happens to those that produced that steel and pipe.
    People get laid off and find different jobs.
    Manufacturers shutter the plant. Maybe even take the building down because of taxes.

And then when you go to start back up.. well, you have to make the machines to make the machines to make the machines.
    I work in a machine shop. The mail I get here at work is largely sale flyers for industrial auctions.

Lately, the majority of them are for LARGE shops with LARGE equipment used to manufacture goods for the oil/gas industry. That can't be a good sign.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I work in a machine shop. The mail I get here at work is largely sale flyers for industrial auctions.

Lately, the majority of them are for LARGE shops with LARGE equipment used to manufacture goods for the oil/gas industry. That can't be a good sign.

My mill made a lot of that steel for the pipe. Or, they used to, not sure now.
    Fortunately, I worked in the part that made soup can steel (D&I), and a bunch of the more generic steels for washing machines and such. Some automotive.
    But when the economy was shut down, we made a LOT of food grade stuff.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Oil just hit new highs. It and hogs(Smithfield plant closing in California do to insane commies) are about the only thing green in stocks or commodities.

As I write this..
    WTI crude 121.12
    Brent crude 122.40

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Just a little word to the wise, in case you were thinking that the libs are learning their lesson here.

Spoke to my sis from MA a little bit ago. She has driving and flying trips planned all summer. I told her that I didn't know how she could do it with the gas prices. First thing out of her mouth, "It's those CEO's..." She didn't have Bernie's talking points down perfectly, but she believed them. No amount of reasoning will change that mind.

Top Bottom