• ...and so much more!
  • Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    Barry wants to drive the car off the cliff peddle to the metal

The GOP establishment types are content to let it get there on cruise control.

I'm getting out of the car.

Seriously, putting all your hope in the guy that was the inspiration for Obamacare? Or the guy that sat with Nancy Pelosi pushing the global warming hoax? Both of whom think that spending 5% more instead of 10% more is a cut? These are your saviors? ha.

The libertarian party ain't going to do it, true. Neither will anyone the GOP is putting up.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    The Republican candidate would certainly like to have your vote....to defeat Obama. Protest votes only make you FEEL good for awhile, what of our future and or children's future? Please do not be selfish enough to throw a "protest" vot to the wind. Thanks.

And ... the Liberatarian party would like to have your vote, to beat Obama also. Look at where voting for the better of the evils has gotten us. Hopefully Paul wins the gop, if not, it will more than likely be Romney vs Obama .... Do YOU really see such a big difference in the two that one deserves your vote over the other one? I seriously doubt Romney will give my children a better America than Obama would. Im willing to bet right now, that Romney (or any GOP barring Paul) would continue along the same path Obama and his predecessors have paved.

This fake two party system is rediculous, and the fact that its only accomplished one thing is clearly evident. That one thing is to divide America.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    And just what have your heroes in the gop done? Oh, that's right. They've grown government and taxes. Just like their buddies the dems. You guys have downed so much Kool-Aid it's all you can spout. Sorry, but there are lots of us out here who aren't going to waste a vote on your type of candidate. Not even to beat their buddy Obama (who's going to beat whoever the gop runs anyway).

OK, I'll bite, what has the Libertarian party done for conservatives? For the record, I consider myself conservative and am not happy with much of the GOP. That said, I am realistic in understanding that they are nowhere near as bad as the Dems. I don't drink kool aid, I prefer beer or vodka. You wioll no doubt put up many posts on this between now and November. The bottom line is; if Obama gets re-elected we are toast. Agree or disagree?

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    OK, I'll bite, what has the Libertarian party done for conservatives? For the record, I consider myself conservative and am not happy with much of the GOP. That said, I am realistic in understanding that they are nowhere near as bad as the Dems. I don't drink kool aid, I prefer beer or vodka. You wioll no doubt put up many posts on this between now and November. The bottom line is; if Obama gets re-elected we are toast. Agree or disagree?
    We're toast regardless of which big government progressive gets in. Both will keep us heading right off the cliff. You just happen to think there's a huge difference and it's gonna stop. The rest of us know better and refuse to play that same old destructive game.

As for what has the LP done for conservatives....they've done nothing for them. They don't pander to conservatives. They set their message towards libertarian minded folks. Conservatives aren't their constituency. They don't look back on the 50's with fondness and aren't social conservatives. Nor do they pander to the religious right (or left). They center their message to liberty minded folks. If there happens to be an overlap between the messages, that's all well and good, conservatives can feel free to hop on board with them and get that message across. Libertarians aren't just some kind of strange conservative.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    You know Rome was not created in a day...

and it was certainly not torn down in one either.

Democratic control and Liberal thoughts did'nt just happen overnight, they went through a slow painstaking process they knew that would work.

It has been proven that we can revert the thought process, it must be done in baby steps and with care as to not rock the boat so they will not realize what has been sprung on them.

A 3rd party vote is exactly what Dems want, it has been proven time and time again that it is the Republican party who suffers and the Demo party who prospers from it.

In 1992 Perot got 19.7 MILLION votes, if just 1/3 of those voters had voted R, there would have been a different outcome, but because they did not this was the results....

DD0000.gif
    William Clinton, Albert Gore Jr.- Democratic 44,909,806 43.01%
    0000DD.gif
    George Bush, J. Danforth Quayle - Republican 39,104,550 37.45%
    00DD00.gif
    H. Ross Perot, James Stockdale - Independent 19,743,821 18.91%
    FFFF00.gif
    Andre MarrouNancy Lord - Libertarian 290,087 0.28%
    FFFF00.gif
    Other (+) - - 375,659 0.36%

And again in 1996
    DD0000.gif
    William Clinton, Albert Gore Jr. - Democratic 47,400,125 49.23%
    0000DD.gif
    Robert Dole, Jack Kemp - Republican 39,198,755 40.72%
    00DD00.gif
    H. Ross Perot, Pat Choate - Reform 8,085,402 8.40%
    FFFF00.gif
    Ralph Nader, Winona LaDuke - Green 685,297 0.71%
    FFFF00.gif
    Harry Browne, Jo Jorgensen - Libertarian 485,798 0.50%
    FFFF00.gif
    Other (+) - - 420,024 0.44%

This is, and will be, probably the two strongest showings EVER for a presidential candidate that was not a D or R in US history and both times it was the minority parties that awarded it to the Dems, granted 1996 was and is a reach, but in 2000 Nadar, Buchanan and Browne votes would have made Busch a winner with having more of the popular vote and winning rather than having less.

I'm not saying 3rd party candidates are not right, but there has to be a level headed though process about it, do they want to be a spoiler, or try and run a campaign that can garner at least 33% of the votes and have a fighting chance.

Until someone can come along and do that, all they are doing is hurting the conservative people in this country because we all know that there will never be another party that is left leaning to take votes away from the Dems.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    You know Rome was not created in a day...

and it was certainly not torn down in one either.

Democratic control and Liberal thoughts did'nt just happen overnight, they went through a slow painstaking process they knew that would work.

It has been proven that we can revert the thought process, it must be done in baby steps and with care as to not rock the boat so they will not realize what has been sprung on them.

A 3rd party vote is exactly what Dems want, it has been proven time and time again that it is the Republican party who suffers and the Demo party who prospers from it.

In 1992 Perot got 19.7 MILLION votes, if just 1/3 of those voters had voted R, there would have been a different outcome, but because they did not this was the results....

DD0000.gif
    0000DD.gif
    00DD00.gif
    FFFF00.gif
    FFFF00.gif

And again in 1996
    DD0000.gif
    William Clinton, Albert Gore Jr. - Democratic 47,400,125 49.23%
    0000DD.gif
    Robert Dole, Jack Kemp - Republican 39,198,755 40.72%
    00DD00.gif
    H. Ross Perot, Pat Choate - Reform 8,085,402 8.40%
    FFFF00.gif
    Ralph Nader, Winona LaDuke - Green 685,297 0.71%
    FFFF00.gif
    Harry Browne, Jo Jorgensen - Libertarian 485,798 0.50%
    FFFF00.gif
    Other (+) - - 420,024 0.44%

This is, and will be, probably the two strongest showings EVER for a presidential candidate that was not a D or R in US history and both times it was the minority parties that awarded it to the Dems, granted 1996 was and is a reach, but in 2000 Nadar, Buchanan and Browne votes would have made Busch a winner with having more of the popular vote and winning rather than having less.

I'm not saying 3rd party candidates are not right, but there has to be a level headed though process about it, do they want to be a spoiler, or try and run a campaign that can garner at least 33% of the votes and have a fighting chance.

Until someone can come along and do that, all they are doing is hurting the conservative people in this country because we all know that there will never be another party that is left leaning to take votes away from the Dems.

Or it could be that the conservatives are hurting America with their big government love and policies.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Yep. There are about 3, as I recall who are currently in the running. Lee Wrights from Texas. Jim Burns from Nevada and one other whose name escapes me at the moment. Lee is a longtime party member and activist. Very popular guy in the party. Burns is a former tax protester who did time for tax evasion. Not sure he stands much of a chance at the convention. Lee is the one for Gary to beat, for sure. It'll be a tough race. And I'll be interested to see who the convention delegates go with.

Lee Wrights for President 2012 - Libertarian Party

Edit to add: Roger Gary and Bill Still are also candidates for the nomination, as is RJ Harris (a gop also ran).

So, without primaries, is it all backroom deals to get the nod or how does that sort itself out?

Funny, I guess I've never paid attention to how the third parties' sort out their internal business. FWIW, I was an LP member for a couple of years in the 90s.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    We're toast regardless of which big government progressive gets in. Both will keep us heading right off the cliff. You just happen to think there's a huge difference and it's gonna stop. The rest of us know better and refuse to play that same old destructive game.

As for what has the LP done for conservatives....they've done nothing for them. They don't pander to conservatives. They set their message towards libertarian minded folks. Conservatives aren't their constituency. They don't look back on the 50's with fondness and aren't social conservatives. Nor do they pander to the religious right (or left). They center their message to liberty minded folks. If there happens to be an overlap between the messages, that's all well and good, conservatives can feel free to hop on board with them and get that message across. Libertarians aren't just some kind of strange conservative.
    Libertarians on their own will always exist just to play the spoiler role and insure a Democrat victory.

Ron Paul realized that he would never get anywhere running as an LP candidate. That's why he went back to running in the GOP. The only question is that if the GOP is so bad then why does'nt he ever run as a Democrat?

Last edited:

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    So, without primaries, is it all backroom deals to get the nod or how does that sort itself out?

Funny, I guess I've never paid attention to how the third parties' sort out their internal business. FWIW, I was an LP member for a couple of years in the 90s.
    Quite the opposite of backroom deals. It's done in convention, right out in the open. Any dues paying member of the LPUS can attend and cast their ballots for whomever they wish. This usually takes a few rounds of balloting, since there are usually a handful of candidates (as well as None Of The Above). Eventually it's winnowed down to a couple then whomever gets the most votes in the final ballot wins the nomination. It's open enough that CSPAN usually broadcasts it. No back room, scotch and cigars choosing there.
    The convention this go around will be in Las Vegas in 2012. Wish they'd do it a year sooner, but that would make too much sense.

Last edited:

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Since 1858 anyway.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    How about i put it like this ... lets say REPUBLICAN nominee McCain won the election, would anything really be different? Now im not talking about the POW McCain ... but the NDAA McCain

NDAA coasts through Congress, will be law | News

Seriously, would McCain have winning the election been any different? I guess we would be hearing more "Maverick" and "barracuda" but i will not vote for the "supposedly" lesser of two evils. BECAUSE THEY ARENT

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    A point of order that is being conveniently ignored: Republican =/= conservative. And self-labeling doesn't make it true.

Words have meanings. It would seem that the L/libertarians are just like their leftist friends in mastering the tactic of co-opting language for manipulating opinion.

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    Or it could be that the conservatives are hurting America with their big government love and policies.

In today's parlance,
    Democrat= big govt lovin, want to enslave Americans and then the world
    Republican= big govt lovin, want to enslave the world and then Americans
    Funny how they once were the same party and slavery divided them, and now it's bringing their policies back together.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    In today's parlance,
    Democrat= big govt lovin, want to enslave Americans and then the world
    Republican= big govt lovin, want to enslave the world and then Americans
    Funny how they once were the same party and slavery divided them, and now it's bringing their policies back together.

It appears as though voting for the lesser of two evils is working :rolleyes:

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica

DD0000.gif
    0000DD.gif
    00DD00.gif
    FFFF00.gif
    FFFF00.gif

Yeah its a crying shame that George NewWorldOrder Bush got replaced by Bill NewWorldOrder Clinton. Imagine how different America could've been today if it weren't for those selfish spoilers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7a9Syi12RJo

Top Bottom