• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fjw2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2016
    Close to a friend
    Well fellas, I know you’re supposed to have thick skin to post online. But when I get a guy telling me about stacking my dead body in a pile with others just because of using something they don’t agree,I think I’ll step out and leave it to all the real experts.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Well fellas, I know you’re supposed to have thick skin to post online. But when I get a guy telling me about stacking my dead body in a pile with others just because of using something they don’t agree,I think I’ll step out and leave it to all the real experts.
    You asked for...

"I’m looking for input from people that have serious application advice."

You didn't get that? Or was it that you wouldn't listen?

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    You are assuming that everyone sees the whole situation. That hardly ever happens.

What people do is react to noise or commotion. If the initial sighting is of you, with a cord around someone's neck, then you are the bad guy in most people's mind.

That says nothing of the guy that rounds the corner 4 seconds later and sees a headless body, a head, and a dude covered head to toe in blood holding a garrote.

i-can-explain-sorry-but-i-can-explain.gif

This thread rules.

Biggredchev

Just some guy
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Pretty much Michigan.
    Do you really think that piece of paracord in your pocket is going to be the difference between your life and death in a true self defense situation? If the answer is yes then keep it in your pocket and quit asking what the internet thinks about it lol.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Do you really think that piece of paracord in your pocket is going to be the difference between your life and death in a true self defense situation? If the answer is yes then keep it in your pocket and quit asking what the internet thinks about it lol.
    I usually always make sure a thread of cloth is hanging from my shirt when I leave the house. I figure if SHTF, I can pull that thread, wrap it around my fingers, cartwheel across the room and strangle him from behind. Learned it on a YouTube video, trained here and there, got plenty of shirts with holes in them and threads hanging so I’m never without a weapon honestly.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

Did you pressure test it yet with a buddy willing to actively resist your efforts? What were the results?

Or do you intend for a real deadly force encounter to be when you learn if it works like you think it will or not? We both know which one it is, because this is good idea fairy visits. You didn't actually ask to learn anything, you asked to seek validation for your idea. You didn't get it. You won't find any experts teaching this because it's not the sort of thing any expert would recommend.

Validate it yourself. See if it works outside of your imagination.

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    Anti gunners call gun owners dangerous and crazy. And a gun owner calls me crazy for having a piece of string in my pocket.
    I think pretty much anyone would think you are crazy for having a string in your pocket and the fantasy that it will help you in a self defense situation. Your current audience is just gun owners.

I like the suggestion of trying this out with a friend to see how well it works. If you still think it is a good idea then make sure that you try it again on a guy who is bigger and stronger and angrier than yourself. Please video experiments and post them here to support your contentions.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Anti gunners call gun owners dangerous and crazy. And a gun owner calls me crazy for having a piece of string in my pocket.
    I was attempting to humorously answer the question about whom do you shoot if you happen upon one person strangling another

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    As much as I've thought about this, I cannot see how strangling someone with a garrote could ever legitimately be considered self defense. Honestly, if I were to ever come across something like that, I'd probably shoot the guy.

What if the one getting strangled was a hijacker holding a box cutter to the neck of a pilot, engineer, or passenger?

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    What if the one getting strangled was a hijacker holding a box cutter to the neck of a pilot, engineer, or passenger?
    Than at the end of the movie you get the pretty girl, the president shakes your hand and the airline gives you free travel for life.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

Then the crew and crowd stomped him to jelly while you were fishing for your shoe string.

But test it. Get a buddy with a trainer blade and see what happens.

Top Bottom