• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • squidvt

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    Southport, IN
    My Para 1911 was having some issues, I had the gander warranty (yes I know mistake #1). I had them ship it off to fix an extractor issue. That was back in December. They got it back on the 14th and didnt call me. I called and said WTF is up with my gun where is it. They could not find it multiple times until one person found it today. They gave me a box of ammo to make up for not calling me. A paperwork mess up or someone being lazy, not happy but they made it up with the ammo.
    I get my gun, I'm looking it over and I see a major issue with the front sight.

2015-03-24.jpg

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    Try emailing one of the board of directors. Usually works for me.
    Michael J. Owens
    MOwens@gandermountain.com
    Is the COO

be respectful and explain the issue without being emotional.
    "I'm sure a remedy can be found for this situation"
    dont be longwinded, short and to the point. Your just trying to get them to contact you.

dont be surprised if you get a fairly fast reply by a subordinate.

I emailed the operations chief of ATT and got a reply from an aid in two hours.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I hate shipping my guns away to anywhere.

It's like sending your kids away to band camp. They're never the same when you get them back. :xmad:

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    Agreed with what was said above. It might also be worth mentioning that you created this thread so others could follow the issue to resolution.

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    I have done this a couple of times and had good results.
    The trick is to give short clear explanation. Enough so when it is read they forward it to someone for action.
    Keep the receipt, they will most likely want you to fax/email it to them.
    I hope it works for you

squidvt

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    Southport, IN
    As I said in the thread the manager is trying to get it fixed and has made steps to take care of it. I will up date on Friday once I know what is going on. I will be contacting the board if it's not resolved on Friday. Also getting a new gun is not acceptable IMHO. I like that gun and it's workd well for me.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The trials and tribulations of mailing your guns off to points unknown to be fondled and beat on by people unknown.
    Someone dropped that.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I don't mean to laugh at your pain, but that photo of the front sight did make me laugh pretty hard.

How can somebody put it and a box and send it back looking like that?

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    I would not believe Para shipped that pistol back looking like that. I would tend to believe a employee at Gander was fingering it or spinning it and the pistol had a impact with the floor.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I don't mean to laugh at your pain, but that photo of the front sight did make me laugh pretty hard.

How can somebody put it and a box and send it back looking like that?

image.jpg

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    A mom of a buddy of mine went to go buy him a gun for Christmas his wife showed her a picture of a Sig P938 and wrote the name down etc. Model wasn't a big deal just the specific model. She came home with a Sig P226 because they didn't have the other and from the way I got the story the employee took advantage of her. And upon getting it out of the box before it was ever gifted the wooden handle was cracked! So anyhow my buddy took it in there and all they would do is offer to trade him for a 938 valuing the 226 at half it's purchase price... Needless to say nothing went well! No one I run with uses gander anyhow but I really wish I'd known something prior, I hate seeing uninformed buyers (there fault most of the time) in there or just those that get screwed/taken in general...

I am sorry to hear about your experience! Hope you work something out! I have seen others in such pain...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    A mom of a buddy of mine went to go buy him a gun for Christmas his wife showed her a picture of a Sig P938 and wrote the name down etc. Model wasn't a big deal just the specific model. She came home with a Sig P226 because they didn't have the other and from the way I got the story the employee took advantage of her. And upon getting it out of the box before it was ever gifted the wooden handle was cracked! So anyhow my buddy took it in there and all they would do is offer to trade him for a 938 valuing the 226 at half it's purchase price... Needless to say nothing went well! No one I run with uses gander anyhow but I really wish I'd known something prior, I hate seeing uninformed buyers (there fault most of the time) in there or just those that get screwed/taken in general...

I am sorry to hear about your experience! Hope you work something out! I have seen others in such pain...

Gander sucks. That may sound childish but it so true.

Top Bottom