Funny Political Picture/Video Thread Part VIII** The other side makes this way too easy!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Wstar425

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2018
    Sandia Park, New Mexico
    I disagree on using upside down flags as political statements.

It's like calling 911
    I am against it as well. That doesn’t mean I won’t do it. We are in dire distress here in New Mexico. It’s been this way for over a month now and only one comment. It appears the same people that don’t notice an openly carried firearm don’t notice this either?

Initially I thought maybe the Bernalillo County Police would stop and check on my well being, but apparently not. They go by a half dozen times a day so evidently they don’t care or are as unobservant as everyone else. 30 feet tall, 100 feet from road, inside fence.

Attachments

• IMG_3968.jpeg
      IMG_3968.jpeg
      160.7 KB · Views: 6

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Initially I thought maybe the Bernalillo County Police would stop and check on my well being, but apparently not. They go by a half dozen times a day so evidently they don’t care or are as unobservant as everyone else. 30 feet tall, 100 feet from road, inside fence.
    That's because people like you have made the symbol meaningless.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Not so sure about that IQ score.

I think the things that matter most are already "woke" in the mind of a good wholesome, right living person, gun toting or otherwise.

Add some religious upbringing and background, along with enough education for each of us to challenge all of it at every step and we who follow The Ten Commandments, Golden Rule, a little Zen and possibly a smattering of Hindi, tempered by a bit of common sense, we are all WOKE enough to do what is right in most circumstances.

I am WOKE (Awakened?) and none of this nonsense labeled as "woke" these days has anything to do with any more than power grabbing and control of the populace.

Sorry, I have never found a pic to portray even an inkling of my stanse on the subject.
    I don't believe we are on the same dheet of music, but that is OK.

BeDome

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    I don't believe we are on the same dheet of music, but that is OK.
    Absolutely right.
    I was not disagreeing with your assessment of the left in general.
    I was deliberately veering off in a new direction, with your comment as a jumping off point and the main reason for my comment regarding the lunacy we face.
    :cheers:

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    How can they tax you over 1%?
    The 1% is for your house and attached garage. Unattached garage, pole barn, concrete driveway and sidewalks can go to 3 percent, at least here in T.H.

A friend here filled in his unused inground pool with dirt and planted a garden. The city charged him for the ribbon of concrete sidewalk that was left over from the pool.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    The 1% is for your house and attached garage. Unattached garage, pole barn, concrete driveway and sidewalks can go to 3 percent, at least here in T.H.

A friend here filled in his unused inground pool with dirt and planted a garden. The city charged him for the ribbon of concrete sidewalk that was left over from the pool.
    Let’s straighten up some details. The city does not charge property tax on anyone for anything other than their duly submitted budgets to the state. The state government makes the rules, county government assesses, and collects the money.

Swimming pools specifically are not a part of the homestead as the law is written. Sounds like your friend decided not to pay tax on the pool but wanted to keep part of it. He should pay tax on that. Do you realize that you pay tax on every single plumbing fixture in your house? Double sinks in the bathroom counts as two and is taxed accordingly.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    It’s funny because it’s true.

View attachment 310885
    You really believe that? Well it is not true. 50% is the worst year he has had and that was this year when he only endorsed two people, not a large sample size. His general election average over six years is about 67% and in 2022 he was 83% on 254 endorsements.

There are true things one can say that are negative about Trump, why post lies?

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    You really believe that? Well it is not true. 50% is the worst year he has had and that was this year when he only endorsed two people, not a large sample size. His general election average over six years is about 67% and in 2022 he was 83% on 254 endorsements.

There are true things one can say that are negative about Trump, why post lies?

My frequent prayer lately:
    "Dear God, please don't let the Republican Party force me to vote for Trump."

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    My frequent prayer lately:
    "Dear God, please don't let the Republican Party force me to vote for Trump."
    Do you realize that post is about as out of the loop as one can get. The Republican Party would slam the prison cell door shut on Trump if they could. Trump is truly only there because the people want him to be, not any political entity, which is what is so simultaneously puzzling and infuriating to the power brokers of the Republican Party…

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    Let’s straighten up some details. The city does not charge property tax on anyone for anything other than their duly submitted budgets to the state. The state government makes the rules, county government assesses, and collects the money.

Swimming pools specifically are not a part of the homestead as the law is written. Sounds like your friend decided not to pay tax on the pool but wanted to keep part of it. He should pay tax on that. Do you realize that you pay tax on every single plumbing fixture in your house? Double sinks in the bathroom counts as two and is taxed accordingly.

And I think that's the complaint. Property tax is advertised as 1% cap, when it isn't. A detached garage is taxed at a higher rate than an attached garage of the same size.
    We bought our house with a crawl space here 20 years ago thru a realtor who used the property tax description for the sale. Ten years later, I discover the city was billing me for a basement that didn't exist. I won the appeal, but nobody could tell me how long it was in error, or who changed it.
    Not only that, but I had to pay the INCORRECT amount on the upcoming spring and fall tax bills, instead of correcting it. Why? because refunds are limited to 3 years and continuing the wrong payment was included in the 3 years.

Yes, the system is inherently corrupt.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    Do you realize that post is about as out of the loop as one can get. The Republican Party would slam the prison cell door shut on Trump if they could. Trump is truly only there because the people want him to be, not any political entity, which is what is so simultaneously puzzling and infuriating to the power brokers of the Republican Party…
    The man is a narcissist posing as a conservative. The party would be right in giving him thanks and a gold watch. He sucking all the oxygen away from people who are actually conservatives and actually have plans for when they get in office besides revenge.

But he will be better than Biden, if that's my only choice.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    And I think that's the complaint. Property tax is advertised as 1% cap, when it isn't. A detached garage is taxed at a higher rate than an attached garage of the same size.
    The property tax cap is 1% on a homestead property meeting the definition in the law of what a homestead is. Could you imagine the howling if a millionaires sux car detached garage pool house was given the tax discount? It is all in the law, do like it get the legislature to change it.

We bought our house with a crawl space here 20 years ago thru a realtor who used the property tax description for the sale. Ten years later, I discover the city was billing me for a basement that didn't exist. I won the appeal, but nobody could tell me how long it was in error, or who changed it.
    Not only that, but I had to pay the INCORRECT amount on the upcoming spring and fall tax bills, instead of correcting it. Why? because refunds are limited to 3 years and continuing the wrong payment was included in the 3 years.

Yes, the system is inherently corrupt.

Again, the city has NOTHING to do with it. Another way to state this is you received several notices of reassessment in the ten years but did not notice that it was incorrect. I agree it sucks the way they “fix“ their mistakes when you find them. (Watch out they love to drop off the ag exemption if you mover you livestock temporarily.)

The system is exactly what the legislature set up, some parts good some bad. I prefer no property tax, but that is never happening so all in all indiana has a very reasonable system compared to other states.

Not sure what corruption you see other than you don’t like the law, and that is not the definition of corruption…

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    The man is a narcissist posing as a conservative. The party would be right in giving him thanks and a gold watch. He sucking all the oxygen away from people who are actually conservatives and actually have plans for when they get in office besides revenge.

But he will be better than Biden, if that's my only choice.
    Who is “actually conservative” and “actually has a plan” in the primary?

What President’s term did you most prosper in your lifetime?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom