• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    The caption under the pic in the article states, "Shelves at the Target department store in Wadsworth, Ohio, were emptied of toilet paper and sanitizer a day after Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine put in place a stay-at-home order. (Dustin Franz/for The Washington Post)"

So it seems the eldirector was correct. I'll admit I was wrong, how about you admit the eldirector was right, the empty shelves were a results of panic buying to the lock down order not disruptions to the supply chain which is what the original pic was depicting.

I may say something to you but it will not be please. ;)

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    Oh, I could provide a link to the news article, but I thought anyone who actually was alive and lucent in 2020 would recognize that the shortages started back then.

But, I know a lot of people underplay reality, so maybe I should have put the link in there.

OTOH, anyone who knows how to use images.google.com can find it in 5 seconds. So, there's that.

Do you know what that pic would look like if they had it full of Joe's corn cobs?

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    You must have missed the lead in.

Are all shelves empty today? No?

So....your point?
    Not “all” shelves, but there are a lot, and it isn’t from panic buying like it was in 2020, this is actually from negligence.

Also, I’m running out of pics, can we debate this elsewhere so I can quit digging in the bottom of the barrel for half humorous pictures?

64BDC6DE-F050-4362-9F74-2CE52E9B52D9.jpeg

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Hunters will appreciate this most.

Oregon ranchers, Larry and Amanda Anderson received a letter by the Oregon Department of Fish & Wildlife asking for permission to survey their land in order to track a nearly endangered species. The letter requested use of the landowners’ creek to document the amphibian life represented, specifically the foothill yellow-legged frog which is noted to have recently declined in population. I love this response.

"Dear Mr. Niemela:

Thank you for your inquiry regarding accessing our property to survey for the yellow-legged frog. We may be able to help you out with this matter.

We have divided our 2.26 acres into 75 equal survey units with a draw tag for each unit. Application fees are only $8.00 per unit after you purchase the “Frog Survey License” ($120.00 resident / $180.00 Non-Resident). You will also need to obtain a “Frog Habitat” parking permit ($10.00 per vehicle). You will also need an “Invasive Species” stamp ($15.00 for the first vehicle and $5.00 for each additional vehicle) You will also want to register at the Check Station to have your vehicle inspected for non-native plant life prior to entering our property. There is also a Day Use fee, $5.00 per vehicle.

If you are successful in the Draw you will be notified two weeks in advance so you can make necessary plans and purchase your “Creek Habitat” stamp. ($18.00 Resident / $140.00 Non-Resident). Survey units open between 8am and 3pm but you cannot commence survey until 9am and must cease all survey activity by 1pm.

Survey Gear can only include a net with a 2″ diameter made of 100% organic cotton netting with no longer than an 18″ handle, non-weighted and no deeper than 6′ from net frame to bottom of net. Handles can only be made of BPA-free plastics or wooden handles. After 1pm you can use a net with a 3″ diameter if you purchase the “Frog Net Endorsement” ($75.00 Resident / $250 Non-Resident). Any frogs captured that are released will need to be released with an approved release device back into the environment unharmed.

As of June 1, we are offering draw tags for our “Premium Survey” units and application is again only $8.00 per application. However, all fees can be waived if you can verify Native Indian Tribal rights and status.

You will also need to provide evidence of successful completion of “Frog Surveys and You” comprehensive course on frog identification, safe handling practices, and self-defense strategies for frog attacks. This course is offered online through an accredited program for a nominal fee of $750.00.

Please let us know if we can be of assistance to you. Otherwise, we decline your access to our property but appreciate your inquiry.

Sincerely,
    Larry & Amanda Anderson"

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    yLhaexT.png

Twitter now fact checking memes.

Status
    Not open for further replies.