• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    We had a great squad and had a great time at BW3's. OK all you "ladies" that couldn't get time off for the after party: hike up your panties and get your PASS for next month's BW3's after party. :):

And Ms. Kinnards .. I hope you shoot next month.

Hehe, yeah I'm already lining up a babysitter for next month and the wife is coming with me so no pass will be needed. We'll only be restricted by baby sitter timelines.

I plan on her running my 15-22 and I'm either going to run my 1911 or my 870 if I can get it (my 870) up to snuff between now and then.

I'm just curious how the shotgun loads did on the hostage situation though.... hmmm...

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I was wondering this myself

Shotgun(s) as in plural? I think there was only one shotty shooter, and he was in my squad. :D

The way the target array was set up, some splatter on the no-shoot target was inevitable. It was up to the RO to decide whether the majority of the shot column hit the "shoot" target first, or not. If it did, no penalty.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I had the misfortune of having the hostage stage as my first station. That means the first shot I took for the evening (and in my case first shot I have taken in about 3 months) was at a little round plate with a hostage behind it. I hit the hostage on either the 2nd or 3rd pass but not the first so I cannot blame it on needing a sighter shot. I got one penalty AND I killed my chance to be able to come up with a good excuse. Overall I placed on the line between the top and middle third, for as much as I get out to shoot I was pleased. You cannot beat that entertainment for $15 plus ammo and thats in addition to any training benefit.

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Hypothetically speaking...

On a totally unrelated subject.... Does anybody know of companies that make Texas stars? All I can find is the one made by MGM Targets (the maker of our plate rack) but I'm curious if there are any others out there that people have seen. I thought Action Target or Arntzen used to make one, but I can't seem to find anything.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    you could put 2 or 3 in one bay, that way one shooter could do the full 2 or 3 courses of fire in a row before having to stop everything and go downrange and replace them. Probably wouldn't take much more time than shooting one course of fire and having to stop and replace them each time. I'm sure that only made sense in my mind.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    you could put 2 or 3 in one bay, that way one shooter could do the full 2 or 3 courses of fire in a row before having to stop everything and go downrange and replace them. Probably wouldn't take much more time than shooting one course of fire and having to stop and replace them each time. I'm sure that only made sense in my mind.

I like the way you think, however I don't believe that the Texas Star targets are inexpensive...

trafalga

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Indy

That's exactly what I said! :rockwoot:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I like the way you think, however I don't believe that the Texas Star targets are inexpensive...

That's pretty easy. Make the star stage an option. An extra $5 for those who participate. Depending on participation, allow more guns. I'd shoot two or even three, if allowed.

Top Bottom