• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chase515

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    Oxford, In
    Three years of use and it finally bite the bullet. Turned it on this morning to warm up, calibrated it with the weights, hit the powder calibrate button and it made a high pitch noise for a split second and turned off. I sent frankford a warranty email we'll see how that works out. Now on to my question. Which mechanical powder measure would you guys recommend. I have the cheap lee and would like something a little nicer. I've been down the road of throw light and trickle up and it's way more time consuming than I'm interested in.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Three years of use and it finally bite the bullet. Turned it on this morning to warm up, calibrated it with the weights, hit the powder calibrate button and it made a high pitch noise for a split second and turned off. I sent frankford a warranty email we'll see how that works out. Now on to my question. Which mechanical powder measure would you guys recommend. I have the cheap lee and would like something a little nicer. I've been down the road of throw light and trickle up and it's way more time consuming than I'm interested in.
    Are you loading pistol, rifle? Precision??
    I own two Lyman 55's, one for smokeless and one for black, an RCBS Uniflow,
    A pacific pistol, a few Dillons and two Harrolls Precision Culver measures.

Ive always had good luck with the Lymans and the RCBS Uniflow for the money involved. The ball bearing Harrolls are awesome but are expensive.

Chase515

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    Oxford, In
    Working on precision loads for the 308's today. I've got a crazy plan to try shooting my 308's out to a mile. I load a little bit of everything pistol and rifle. 6.5 creedmoor and grendel, 243, 300blk, 350 legend for my son, 44mag, 45, 40, 9mm are the most common for me right now.

Chase515

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    Oxford, In
    I picked up a uniflow and stand last week. Loaded 50 rounds of 308 with 46gr of powder. I didn't keep track but the vast majority were perfect 46gr and very few had to be trickled up.

drm-hp

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Brownsburg
    Going in this is expensive, I believe it is/was worth it! It is manufactured in Canada and the link is to their U.S. distributor.

If you want a manual measure the Harrell unit is top notch. I use the V4 for rifle and the Harrell for handgun.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Going in this is expensive, I believe it is/was worth it! It is manufactured in Canada and the link is to their U.S. distributor.

If you want a manual measure the Harrell unit is top notch. I use the V4 for rifle and the Harrell for handgun.
    I also run two Harrell bearing Culvers, Top shelf, but you are gonna pay now days.

outhouses

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2023
    Muncie
    I love my Frankford indopler it works fine. I had a tumbler from they same company that went bad they sent me a new one at no charge call them.

Top Bottom