• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Hmm, my trust in BLM couldn't possibly fall lower, so the stats could be skewed if they ask people like me.

But, yes it will probably all start back up if they don't get what they want.

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    My fear is that the riots/protests will start regardless of the trial outcome. The same groups that protested last year are still out there , still hate the police and the establishment.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    It's a government job with typically a low bar for entry so I wouldn't be so sure.
    Numbers are way down nationwide and here locally. Example, 180 applicants for a class of 50-70, used to be 1,000 for a class of 30. Basically, you apply and are not a felon, you're in. This will bite us all in the future when you have people in law enforcement that have no business there but were hired because no one else wanted it and the positions have to be filled.

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Numbers are way down nationwide and here locally. Example, 180 applicants for a class of 50-70, used to be 1,000 for a class of 30. Basically, you apply and are not a felon, you're in. This will bite us all in the future when you have people in law enforcement that have no business there but were hired because no one else wanted it and the positions have to be filled.
    Just look at Gary and Detroit. I went to the academy with a dude from Gary who was literally developmentally disabled. Like, pigeon-toed, Down syndrome, Eric Stoltz from Mask disabled... and he was hired and using a Ruger P89 with the saddest-looking duty belt I’ve ever seen.

Hiring standards and applicant pool matter.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Just look at Gary and Detroit. I went to the academy with a dude from Gary who was literally developmentally disabled. Like, pigeon-toed, Down syndrome, Eric Stoltz from Mask disabled... and he was hired and using a Ruger P89 with the saddest-looking duty belt I’ve ever seen.

Is it wrong that I read this, saw a reference to Gary, IN, and the only thing I thought was out of the norm was, "A Ruger P89, WTF?"

:):

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan

I've seen recruits that had no basic English writing skills, could barely read.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Sounds like the foundation of the PSF (see Kelly Turnbull) is being laid as we speak.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Beat the "police suck" drum loud and long enough, it becomes a self-fulfilling prophesy. Recruit quality distribution gets narrower and narrower every process.
    With elected officials all over the country throwing Police under the bus in the name of wokeness? You have to believe a lot of stellar folks who would great LEOs are looking at this and saying OH HELL NO!! If you would be a great LEO chances are you'll be great at other things too, things that don't involved getting thrown under the bus by those who should have your back.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    With elected officials all over the country throwing Police under the bus in the name of wokeness? You have to believe a lot of stellar folks who would great LEOs are looking at this and saying OH HELL NO!! If you would be a great LEO chances are you'll be great at other things too, things that don't involved getting thrown under the bus by those who should have your back.

Case in point.....Joe Hoggsh**

Tryin'

Victimized
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    This is exactly what is happening. Don't get me wrong, there are still some amazing candidates that have found the profession their calling, but they seem to be getting scarcer by the month. Cities/towns that don't have a good hook are losing those candidates to agencies that do.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom