Not open for further replies.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Louisville: they pulled down the American flag in Metro Hall and set fire to it. Oh. And in case anyone hadn’t heard, 7 people were shot Thursday night. All from the crowd. No police officer fired. No suspects.

Yes I heard about that. Kentucky. :dunno:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Jamil/Sigblitz, a post in the Indiana subreddit:

I'm in the broadcasting area of Louisville's TV news networks. If you're watching too, you know how much of a ****show that city is right now. One recurring topic from multiple stations has been out of town/state protestors, specifically mentioning busses from Indy. Does anyone know anything more about that?

And, if you have any influence on these people, please exert it positively to urge nonviolence. There has been an enormous amount of damage, and even reporters assaulted by violent rioters. We don't need a city in another state with a list of their own problems finding reasons to blame any of our citizens for making it worse.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Louisville: they pulled down the American flag in Metro Hall and set fire to it. Oh. And in case anyone hadn’t heard, 7 people were shot Thursday night. All from the crowd. No police officer fired. No suspects.

I'll never understand flag burners.

We have 2 borders that are open enough for anyone to reasonably disappear through. If someone hates the country to that degree, then go elsewhere. You aren't changing the whole country by throwing a toddler level fit in public.

Joshua

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2020
    Central
    When your first 4 posts are anti republican on a primarily republican site it throws up a few flags. Maybe I misjudged, just try to understand we have people that come just to cause trouble and not actually discuss anything. Sorry if I was wrong.

Is this a Republican site? That's not what the rules say!

Well, when you talk about guns, as long as you’re not anti-gun, it’s non-partisan. In the political realm most people definitely lean right. So expect that viewpoint to dominate. And if you lean left, that’s fine. A few people here do. Just don’t be an ******* and you’ll be fine. That said, I’m not sure if this is the best way to demonstrate not being an *******. You know. Being new and all.

I'm pro-gun. And I do lean left I suppose, but in the sense that I prioritize people over corporate profits not in the sense that I'm going to run out and vote for Biden. That's not left. I reject the Republicans and Democrats as part of the same political theater that enables the wealthy to screw over the working man. I'm new, so maybe I'm crossing lines in this thread? It seems intrinsically political in the way it's discussing the situation, but I also genuinely am not a troll and don't want to be banned before I even really get used to the site again. I haven't even lurked here in years.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I'm pro-gun. And I do lean left I suppose, but in the sense that I prioritize people over corporate profits not in the sense that I'm going to run out and vote for Biden. That's not left. I reject the Republicans and Democrats as part of the same political theater that enables the wealthy to screw over the working man. I'm new, so maybe I'm crossing lines in this thread? It seems intrinsically political in the way it's discussing the situation, but I also genuinely am not a troll and don't want to be banned before I even really get used to the site again. I haven't even lurked here in years.

There's more tasteful ways to express that economic belief (which I share) than to shout orange man bad, which every single person on earth has to listen to 24/7.

I'd highly recommend you stick to arguing for your personal view point rather than trying to repeat what the main stream news says, it'll take you much further in debate.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    And you should know that, because you were treated as one of those people, as well. Now you fit in.

Give the guy a break.
    Coming in guns a blazing will surely get some attention around here. You should know that. Especially if you’re new on this site.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    There's some great people here who aren't Republican. They're even posting in this thread, about the Minneapolis case and the fallout.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Apparently rioters have moved into the suburbs and are breaking into homes, lighting them on fire.

I can't find the stream this image is from, but they're discussing it, because a cat was trapped in one of the burning homes.

l4GaLQ6.jpg

found the stream https://www.facebook.com/armercado93/videos/10214542632234400/

Joshua

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2020
    Central
    Its cool. Have fun. Ingo has a block feature so if you get too annoying you'll just disappear anyways

Blocking forum posters is an act of cowardice. :-P

No, but if you have half a brain in today’s society you know a gun forum is going to be full of majority republican members. You know, common sense and all.

I expected that. But I'm not interested in pretending to be someone I'm not. I can be civil, but there's no point in being here if I'm not going to express me opinions on things (within the rules). That's what forums are for.

There's more tasteful ways to express that economic belief (which I share) than to shout orange man bad, which every single person on earth has to listen to 24/7.

I'd highly recommend you stick to arguing for your personal view point rather than trying to repeat what the main stream news says, it'll take you much further in debate.

I didn't shout "ORANGE MAN BAD." That's how those around me have been trying to convince me to vote for Biden for weeks, and it's not compelling. Mainstream news (including, but not limited to, CNN, MSNBC, and FOX) is essentially part of the same system that perpetuates the Red/Blue culture war these days, and their messaging reflects that. If I seem to have been parroting their coverage of anything then it was entirely unintentional, although occasionally they do reflect reality because spin isn't necessary to support their narrative. There's a lot to criticize about Trump, and I think it's useful to point out specific problems when they come up. The same goes for Biden and any other public figure who warrants criticism (most of them). That said, the Break Room header says "No Politics," which in my mind means this thread shouldn't even be here, but I'm not a mod and don't get to make that determination. I'll knock off politics chat here and do apologize for making that comment here in the Break Room.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'll never understand flag burners.

We have 2 borders that are open enough for anyone to reasonably disappear through. If someone hates the country to that degree, then go elsewhere. You aren't changing the whole country by throwing a toddler level fit in public.
    The flag burning isn’t about wanting to leave, it’s about wanting to change the America that is into the America they want.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom