• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SwikLS

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2015
    The Bunker
    This is an unpleasant thought I would like to argue to be untrue. Unfortunately, it is the only reasonable explanation for what is happening and I, for one, will accept and prepare for a reality laden with suckage in preference to burying my head in the sand, sticking my fingers in my ears, and humming America the Beautiful.
    and I for one would happily take the organized crime syndicate over the new law enforcement because the mafia are a wild bunch hard to control by the bigger mafia.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    "A knee on the head, is SOP for EVERY PD in the nation when dealing with a person, on the ground, that is or has been resisting. "
    That`s what`s been missing from these discussions; what was the police training. The fact is, a knee on the neck WAS an accepted method to subdue and control someone who had been combative. That`s what many juries had to grapple with, was, did the incident violate their training. You don`t have to like the technique, or even approve, but you`re not the one on the street, dealing with people trying to knife/shoot you.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    This is an unpleasant thought I would like to argue to be untrue. Unfortunately, it is the only reasonable explanation for what is happening and I, for one, will accept and prepare for a reality laden with suckage in preference to burying my head in the sand, sticking my fingers in my ears, and humming America the Beautiful.
    I think there is another rational explanation. Like with WuVid, the left needs to convince people that the existing system is breaking down and unsustainable in order to get the room to remake that system. Thus you see a constant drumbeat of news about how racist policing is, while not covering the spike in crime that accompanies defunding and demoralizing the police

What might be considered the 'rank and file' of the movement are pretty much useful idiots, criminals who see a personal advantage in the new system and the ability to get away with more without realizing that the new system will crush them far more thoroughly than their previous 'oppressors' ever would. By the time they realize prisons and the rule of law were a lot less horrible than labor or re-education camps and the rule of the oligarchy, it will likely be too late

They'll be so intent on 'sticking it to the man' they will not detect it when the identity of 'the man' metamorphoses

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I think there is another rational explanation. Like with WuVid, the left needs to convince people that the existing system is breaking down and unsustainable in order to get the room to remake that system. Thus you see a constant drumbeat of news about how racist policing is, while not covering the spike in crime that accompanies defunding and demoralizing the police

What might be considered the 'rank and file' of the movement are pretty much useful idiots, criminals who see a personal advantage in the new system and the ability to get away with more without realizing that the new system will crush them far more thoroughly than their previous 'oppressors' ever would. By the time they realize prisons and the rule of law were a lot less horrible than labor or re-education camps and the rule of the oligarchy, it will likely be too late

They'll be so intent on 'sticking it to the man' they will not detect it when the identity of 'the man' metamorphoses
    You aren't making a different point, just parsing the methods.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I'm wanting to say the oligarchy that these idiots will wind up with will crush unapproved warlordism as soon as it is no longer needed, or at least will try to

That crushing will take the form of extra-legal punishment and executions, but there is no guarantee even they will be able to get control. The world is full of examples of both outcomes

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota

Right. The useful idiots are not considering what happens when they are no longer useful.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    What will they do with Chauvin? He'll have to be segregated or somebody will come after him just to make a name for themselves. I'm sure he's trained in some forms of unarmed combat and if he kills another prisoner even in self defence, leadership will have the same sort of reactions to deal with.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    What will they do with Chauvin? He'll have to be segregated or somebody will come after him just to make a name for themselves. I'm sure he's trained in some forms of unarmed combat and if he kills another prisoner even in self defence, leadership will have the same sort of reactions to deal with.
    Guantanamo - after all he is a political prisoner.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Chauvin isn't a fool. If they try to put him in general population i am sure he will slug a staff member. There isn't a nickels worth of difference between disciplinary seg and PC aside from the possibility of losing credit time.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Chauvin is a political pawn, being punished to appease the thug, PC masses. The technique he used was an approved method of restraining a perp who had been combative. As is the case with so may other social issues, they did this to him, they`ll do this a more to any and all of us.
    To rub your noses in it, they`ve made statues to commemorate the career criminal and druggie, floyd. This nation is just about nearly all undone.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Chauvin is a political pawn, being punished to appease the thug, PC masses. The technique he used was an approved method of restraining a perp who had been combative. As is the case with so may other social issues, they did this to him, they`ll do this a more to any and all of us.
    To rub your noses in it, they`ve made statues to commemorate the career criminal and druggie, floyd. This nation is just about nearly all undone.
    I once read a comment directed at the near deification of Thoreau that a nation that values a penniless philosopher more than it values a good plumber will find that neither its ideas nor its pipes will hold water.

The worship of a useless criminal raises this to a level exponentially worse.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I agree. But I'd say this is really the same explanation. Essentially to tear down the police force as it is today and rebuild it into the force it needs to be.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'm wanting to say the oligarchy that these idiots will wind up with will crush unapproved warlordism as soon as it is no longer needed, or at least will try to

That crushing will take the form of extra-legal punishment and executions, but there is no guarantee even they will be able to get control. The world is full of examples of both outcomes
    Right. But my only objection is that I'd say this is in addition to the previous theory and not an alternate theory.

Top Bottom