• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

Clown world ramping up. Kids are now getting a holiday for a jury verdict of George Floyd.
    I'm sure this won't result in even more looting and rioting...
    Turn all the teenagers loose on the street just in time for rioting, what could go wrong?

I'm still not ready to bet on any outcome, but IMO it comes down to the jury's fear of being murdered or having their homes torched in retaliation for not convicting. There is abundant reasonable doubt, but they've all been doxxed by NYT and know they are going to be targeted. Will a couple of them stick to their guns and hang the jury, or will they all decide to save their own skins?
    And the alternative? Have all the kids in schools when the riots start? The ones that were going to join in rioting probably would not have been in school anyway.

I think I would probably have kept my kids home anyway.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Clown world ramping up. Kids are now getting a holiday for a jury verdict of George Floyd.
    I'm sure this won't result in even more looting and rioting...
    You’d think the white soccer moms would want the kids in school so they could go rioting without having to find a sitter.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Of which charge do you think? 2nd degree, 3rd degree, manslaughter just curious?
    Oh, I think there’s a good chance for the 2nd degree. Not that the state proved how Floyd died. I think they could reasonably get the manslaughter though.

Regardless of what killed Floyd the opposing medical experts seemed to be of the mind that Floyd could have been saved. Instead Chauvin ignored the other officers, and continued to hold him down long after he became unresponsive.

Either of the murder charges were unproven as it looked to me. But I think it was made evident beyond doubt that Chauvin knew that Floyd was out, and that he should have checked on him and rendered whatever aid was needed.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    But they’re gonna riot regardless. It’s a crisis too big to waste on silly things like reality. There’s a revolution to win, and too many expensive shoes on the shelves to let the jury’s verdict be the finial word.

sparky32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Morgantown
    But they’re gonna riot regardless. It’s a crisis too big to waste on silly things like reality. There’s a revolution to win, and too many expensive shoes on the shelves to let the jury’s verdict be the finial word.
    Yep no one is gonna be satisfied no matter what happens. As I did watch this one more closely than normal I think it might get pretty ugly if it swings one way or another.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Oh, I think there’s a good chance for the 2nd degree. Not that the state proved how Floyd died. I think they could reasonably get the manslaughter though.

Regardless of what killed Floyd the opposing medical experts seemed to be of the mind that Floyd could have been saved. Instead Chauvin ignored the other officers, and continued to hold him down long after he became unresponsive.

Either of the murder charges were unproven as it looked to me. But I think it was made evident beyond doubt that Chauvin knew that Floyd was out, and that he should have checked on him and rendered whatever aid was needed.
    That might have been true without the hostile crowd. With the crowd, the paramedics didn't even work on him there.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Body cam was released. Officer thought she had her Taser out instead of her handgun. She was wrong. Definitely a bad shoot and she will be in trouble.
    If the suspect hadn`t fought police, this would be a moot point, because no level of force would have been necessary. This is ALL squarely on the shoulders of the suspect. Period.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    I don't think it has ever been easier to predict riots. All cities have had plenty of time to prepare so now everybody can see what their city does about preparation, limiting damage or supporting/encouraging the riots.
    Predict, or encourage? I say they`re encouraged.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central

Didn't it come out during the trial that Chauvin wasn't trained on recovery position? I find that hard to believe since it's been in all my CPR training for the last 15 years, but I think I still remember hearing that reported.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    My thought was more that once it was drawn, the officer would be more likely to notice the color of it once it was pointed at the suspect.
    I`ve never been in a high-stress situation like that. I pray I never am. I`ve never been shot at, never been charged by someone with a weapon, never been knifed.

Look, I am typically as hard on police as anyone when they`ve clearly crossed the line and committed a criminal act. And yes, that happens, and it happens more than we know. However, when police are beat down for using the necessary level of force against those who intend to do them harm, it`s inappropriate to play Monday morning quarterback.

Look for the video of the New Mexico Officer who just recently was shot and killed by a guy he pulled over for a routine traffic stop. This animal gunned the officer down, and then reportedly, walked up and put one more shot in the head as the officer lay on the ground dying.

I`m going to commonly support law enforcement, and especially when someone resists, because once the situation escalates, law enforcement has the right, I believe, to stop the escalation as quickly as possible and by the appropriate level of force.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    What is “justice” if not a jury of our peers making a determination of guilt after hearing all the facts? She’s basically saying if the outcome is anything other than what protestors want then justice wasn’t served and confrontation should escalate.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    What is “justice” if not a jury of our peers making a determination of guilt after hearing all the facts? She’s basically saying if the outcome is anything other than what protestors want then justice wasn’t served and confrontation should escalate.
    The dumocraps are unhinged.
    I'm sure glad I am not a dumocrap - I couldn't justify their behavior or their leaders' behavior in my own mind. I would have to leave that party just for the simple pursuit of sanity.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    The dumocraps are unhinged.
    I'm sure glad I am not a dumocrap - I couldn't justify their behavior or their leaders' behavior in my own mind. I would have to leave that party just for the simple pursuit of sanity.
    If he’s guilty then convict him. If not, don’t complain that justice wasn’t served. It’s the best system we have.

Top Bottom