• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    It doesn't. I am just making the point that CO poisoning looks like normal oxygen saturations when in fact it is measuring the CO. The ABG's would tell the real story.
    Unfortunately, in the heat of trial, the nuances of such things will not be explained to a jury.

This is why excluding the CO evidence was important.

Joniki

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NE Indiana
    Unfortunately, in the heat of trial, the nuances of such things will not be explained to a jury.

Both sides went into intimate detail about things that really didn't matter. Like I said, I would love to see the capnography and blood gases.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

Call me crazy, but that seems like a very relevant thing to present to the jury, followed by a medical primer on how to read the information and what various other situations look like.

You don't need a medical license to compare and contrast known quantities against the report.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Call me crazy, but that seems like a very relevant thing to present to the jury, followed by a medical primer on how to read the information and what various other situations look like.

You don't need a medical license to compare and contrast known quantities against the report.
    This came up as rebuttal which means no one got to prepare for it.

While results can be compared to a reference range on a report, there has to be expert testimony to explain the context and meaning of the results. Because this was sprung at the last minute, no one had time to get an expert prepared on this issue.

A lot of things on a lab report that are abnormal are of no significance or great significance depending upon many other factors.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    This came up as rebuttal which means no one got to prepare for it.

While results can be compared to a reference range on a report, there has to be expert testimony to explain the context and meaning of the results. Because this was sprung at the last minute, no one had time to get an expert prepared on this issue.

A lot of things on a lab report that are abnormal are of no significance or great significance depending upon many other factors.
    Aren't there any procedural repercussions or penalties when the State, or anybody, plays stupid games with potential evidence?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Aren't there any procedural repercussions or penalties when the State, or anybody, plays stupid games with potential evidence?
    There can be. I would have to know all of the facts and circumstances to render a more thorough opinion.

I would note that the real consequences as to Chauvin would come if they concealed exculpatory evidence. I take it the State believes that the evidence was not exculpatory and enhanced their case, so keeping it out of evidence is a good start.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    From the little I have heard, it sounds like the prosecution didn’t know about the CO test results...supposedly...and the medical examiner didn’t think it was relevant until the defense case. As a guy who spends all-day (almost) every day in medical records, it seems odd that any and all test results would not have been disclosed.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    From the little I have heard, it sounds like the prosecution didn’t know about the CO test results...supposedly...and the medical examiner didn’t think it was relevant until the defense case. As a guy who spends all-day (almost) every day in medical records, it seems odd that any and all test results would not have been disclosed.
    Is it common or legal to run test under a false name then use them in court?

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Here's all that pops up. I got my info from a tweet of someone following the trial. Bronze Tennessee was the name used. I may be guilty of posting fake news.
    https://www.fox9.com/news/13-fired-...medical-info-under-bronze-tennessee-pseudonym
    Look at 6:10

Being as objective as I can, it seems like a pseudonym was used by the medical records at the time of that particular blood draw because they did not have George Floyd's name. I don't know what "Tennessee Bronze" means, but I would guess (and it is only a guess) that it has something to do with the treatment room he was in at the time...but it bears looking into because it's too important to allow guesses to rule the day.

Even if the naming thing was "innocent", it does not explain why it was not turned over, and more curiously, why the medical examiner was able to come up with it so quickly when it all of a sudden became significant.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Look at 6:10

Being as objective as I can, it seems like a pseudonym was used by the medical records at the time of that particular blood draw because they did not have George Floyd's name. I don't know what "Tennessee Bronze" means, but I would guess (and it is only a guess) that it has something to do with the treatment room he was in at the time...but it bears looking into because it's too important to allow guesses to rule the day.

Even if the naming thing was "innocent", it does not explain why it was not turned over, and more curiously, why the medical examiner was able to come up with it so quickly when it all of a sudden became significant.

Thank you for clearing this up.

Top Bottom