Form 1 Filing for your Brace - Need Help?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I got my fingerprints done at Printscan the other day. I had the file back same day, so that parts went well.

I asked the lady doing prints if she had been busy, and she said basically every day, every appointment is for ATF prints.

So I guess a lot of people are filing.

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    335   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    Been trying to log into Efile all morning. Finally got in, but it took a while. Looks like everyone waited until the last minute - just like I expected they would. This weekend the system is going to be overwhelmed.

sloppyjoe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 27, 2019
    Brownsburg
    I'm still waiting on my approvals from February 5th....
    I've gotten 7 out of 10 approved now. Some as quick as 9 days and some taking 4 weeks. Doesnt seem like they are not working these in any particular order. I'll get two approvals within 10 minutes but then another week before another approval.

turnerdye1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    North Central IN
    I've gotten 7 out of 10 approved now. Some as quick as 9 days and some taking 4 weeks. Doesnt seem like they are not working these in any particular order. I'll get two approvals within 10 minutes but then another week before another approval.
    I'm jealous! I've called twice and all they tell me is that its pending and not issued to anyone for review yet

sloppyjoe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 27, 2019
    Brownsburg
    I'm jealous! I've called twice and all they tell me is that its pending and not issued to anyone for review yet
    Yeah even though I'm happy to have my approvals, I think it is unfair to approve March and April submissions when there are still a large portion of untouched January and February submissions.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Is there a written tutorial for filling out the form available? Been looking unsuccessfully and ashamedly I was not aware it was now required. In filling mine out the section for caliber auto-fills to the incorrect caliber and won't allow me to change it.

Last edited:

sloppyjoe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 27, 2019
    Brownsburg
    Is there a written tutorial for filling out the form available? Been looking unsuccessfully and ashamedly I was not aware it was now required. In filling mine out the section for caliber auto-fills to the incorrect caliber and won't allow me to change it.
    What model and caliber are you trying to register?

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Atf has it listed three different ways, AR556, AR-556, and AR 556 pistol. You'd think pistol would be the right one but that selection auto fills 7.62 for the caliber. I ended up using one of the others and all is good. Got my SUBMITTED confirmation email on file.

sloppyjoe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 27, 2019
    Brownsburg
    Atf has it listed three different ways, AR556, AR-556, and AR 556 pistol. You'd think pistol would be the right one but that selection auto fills 7.62 for the caliber. I ended up using one of the others and all is good. Got my SUBMITTED confirmation email on file.
    Yeah even though it is a pistol model, it needs to match the engraving. I dont think the ATF prefills out the forms. I think their system saves previously entered information and the ATF doesnt go in and clear out the inappropriate ones.

Top Bottom