Form 1 Filing for your Brace - Need Help?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    335   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    Doing your first Form 1 can be confusing, and messing it up can be really frustrating.

If you're considering filing a form 1 for your braced firearm and need help, shoot me a PM. I can walk you through it over Zoom, over the phone or in person.

There is no charge for the help, this is just a service to the INGO community.

Thanks !
    Asz

Revdev86

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2023
    Central Indiana
    That’s generous of ya.

The process can be a confusing one with the little nuances about filing, and unfortunately if a mistake or clerical error is made during filing, it can be 300 days til your find out and have to start over

maceace

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 31, 2014
    NWI
    I am pretty sure I will take you up on your offer, and I really do appreciate what you are doing for us here.
    As a side note, does anyone know where I can get Electronic fingerprints done so I can have a emailed copy of them for my records?

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Doing your first Form 1 can be confusing, and messing it up can be really frustrating.

If you're considering filing a form 1 for your braced firearm and need help, shoot me a PM. I can walk you through it over Zoom, over the phone or in person.

There is no charge for the help, this is just a service to the INGO community.

Thanks !
    Asz
    /\ /\ /\ +100 for this guy.
    INGO lowers, Form 1 help

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    335   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    I am pretty sure I will take you up on your offer, and I really do appreciate what you are doing for us here.
    As a side note, does anyone know where I can get Electronic fingerprints done so I can have a emailed copy of them for my records?
    I heard the UPS store does it. Call ahead just in case. If anyone else knows another place, please post.

Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    For someone who wants to wait until the last possible minute to file, what can/should they be doing now to prepare. Just getting digital prints?

Jont22

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Aug 24, 2019
    Morgan County
    I heard the UPS store does it. Call ahead just in case. If anyone else knows another place, please post.

I went through this service yesterday.

It was $65 and I had the file within a couple hours.

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    335   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    For someone who wants to wait until the last possible minute to file, what can/should they be doing now to prepare. Just getting digital prints?
    Really, not much at all. Since the ‘submitted’ status form is as good as a stamp in this case, and you have ten days to submit fingerprint cards, just hang out. If you want to get fingerprint cards, they don’t expire so a couple hanging around isn’t a bad idea.

Aside from that, as stated before, the queue is getting longer by the moment. But that’s your choice.

stoyan79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 24, 2009
    I think I read that they don't require any photos of firearm as of now?

Also every SBR form 1 I had to engrave, now I hear, engraving not required???

Last edited:

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    335   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    I think I read that they don't require any photos of firearm as of now?

Also every SBR form 1 I had to engrave, now I hear, engraving not required???
    No photos are required at the time of submission, yet... And SBR engraving isn't required for the braced firearms only. Standard SBR form 1s haven't changed and still require the standard engraving.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    No photos are required at the time of submission, yet... And SBR engraving isn't required for the braced firearms only. Standard SBR form 1s haven't changed and still require the standard engraving.
    So a question for clarification. If you do the Form 1 for the pistol with a brace, can you attach a stock to it once the stamp is approved or do you have to leave the brace on it?

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Deadline is May 31, correct? Think I'll wait until at least mid or late April, maybe even the first week of May, to see if the Injunction Fairy pays a visit to ATF headquarters. If proof of submission keeps you legal until final approval, I really don't care how long the queue is. I don't have any NFA items, and am not overly eager to have any. With 25 states now suing the ATF over this fiasco, there's a good chance that they get smacked in their pee-pee before the deadline.

Top Bottom