Form 1 Filing for your Brace - Need Help?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    335   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    Since it's a totally different department that's handling the braced form 1s, I wouldn't assume it would be the same as a standard form 1. Someone has to look at all the photos and randomly deny a few people for giggles.

I don't know of anyone that has gotten an approved braced SBR stamp back yet. Filing just opened on the 31st (kinda) so it would only be 4 weeks if you filed on the first day.

stoyan79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 24, 2009
    Yes, regular e-file form 1 is about a month. Few brace e-file form 1s also approved after a month as shown on Reddit.

ed1838

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 20, 2022
    Seymour
    My second approval email came today. They do say conditional to final ruling DID NOT GET A STAMP so do I just print out my approval email?

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    335   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    My second approval email came today. They do say conditional to final ruling DID NOT GET A STAMP so do I just print out my approval email?
    Check your eforms page - there should be an approved form in your "approved forms" folder. Was there no form attached to the approval email?

GSPBirdDog

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Henryville
    Didn’t pay for a stamp, didn’t receive a stamp. Approved form is just as good.
    I'm not going to play the wishy washy "ATF Rule" amnesty crap. I would just rather pay the $200 tax stamp just in case all this unlawful amnesty crap blows over and the SCOTUS rules the ATF over reached and things go back to normal. I don't trust rulings but I do abide by the LAW!
    Do I wish the ATF was abolished, yes I do! But am I a law abiding citizen, yes I am! Whether paying the $200 tax or not, I am sure the wait time will be the same.

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    335   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    I'm not going to play the wishy washy "ATF Rule" amnesty crap. I would just rather pay the $200 tax stamp just in case all this unlawful amnesty crap blows over and the SCOTUS rules the ATF over reached and things go back to normal.
    There are reasons I've never owned a bump stock or a brace. It's not a popular stance on INGO, but I'd rather pay the stamp then become a felon on some random Wednesday morning when the winds blow the wrong direction.

Just my opinion, just my two cents.

When I say this, people think I'm trying to sell tax stamps. I don't get a commission from the feds, sadly. I just like to cover my own butt. I may be a dealer, but I pay for my own stamps, and I know my papers are in order.

GSPBirdDog

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Henryville
    There are reasons I've never owned a bump stock or a brace. It's not a popular stance on INGO, but I'd rather pay the stamp then become a felon on some random Wednesday morning when the winds blow the wrong direction.

Just my opinion, just my two cents.

When I say this, people think I'm trying to sell tax stamps. I don't get a commission from the feds, sadly. I just like to cover my own butt. I may be a dealer, but I pay for my own stamps, and I know my papers are in order.
    I agree and anyone who would think you make money from selling TAX stamps are complete idiots. Just like COPS writing speeding tickets to meet quota's. LOL

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    152   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    Doing your first Form 1 can be confusing, and messing it up can be really frustrating.

If you're considering filing a form 1 for your braced firearm and need help, shoot me a PM. I can walk you through it over Zoom, over the phone or in person.

There is no charge for the help, this is just a service to the INGO community.

Thanks !
    Asz
    I just helped a young man do his his (who is actually paralyzed, but still needs to SBR his brace, rediculous). I’m used to using trusts, where a 5320.23 is done, and we send the CLEO copy out. Because he is an individual, no 5320.23 required of course. Is there anything we need to send to CLEO?

ed1838

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 20, 2022
    Seymour
    I just helped a young man do his his (who is actually paralyzed, but still needs to SBR his brace, rediculous). I’m used to using trusts, where a 5320.23 is done, and we send the CLEO copy out. Because he is an individual, no 5320.23 required of course. Is there anything we need to send to CLEO?
    I don't know any thing for sure but my under standing was if efiled you did not need to.

Last edited:

craigkim

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Fishers
    I don't know any thing for sure but my under standing was if efiled you did not need to.
    I just started trying to fill out mine, as an individual. Got to the CLEO part and it was not grayed out, so I guess the ATF informs them, but it is not a separate form? I live in Fishers, so I put in Fishers chief of police. ?

Jont22

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 24, 2019
    Morgan County
    I just started trying to fill out mine, as an individual. Got to the CLEO part and it was not grayed out, so I guess the ATF informs them, but it is not a separate form? I live in Fishers, so I put in Fishers chief of police. ?
    That’s what I did…for my town anyway.

ed1838

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 20, 2022
    Seymour
    I put down my County Sheriff.

Top Bottom