• ...and so much more!
  • LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'm fascinated by the V-22. I'm also afraid of them.

Things with such abysmal records shouldn't be flown anywhere near civilians. But I've heard the Chinooks are far from perfect, too. I like them both - but never would stand underneath one let alone go up in one.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    No, you wouldn't. It depends on what country they are from but their skills are waaaayyyy below the West.
    I don't know about that. I remember reading an article a few years ago about UN Peacekeepers. They are world class rapists of women and children.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    When the Blackhawks first came out, they had some flight control peculiarities and some poor ergonomics on some backup systems which caused them, under some conditions, to go into an uncontrollable nose-low attitude. Crews started calling them "Lawn Darts". The UH-1s before them had teething problems, so did the LongRanger II (Bell Long Ranger with the C28 engine upgrade) and the S-76A with its Allison C30 engines. CH-46s and CH-47s, because of their intermeshing rotor systems' combining gear boxes, will flail themselves to death if their blade timing slips.

Most complicated systems have bugs and the CV-22, with its requirement for folding rotor/propellers and folding wings for storage, and the requirements for cross connecting powerplants to keep the twin rotors going, had more teething pains than most and because it was a new system with new modes of flight, there was plenty of room for things to go wrong. The Osprey has completed several deployments to Iraq and Afghanistan by now and is a battle-proven hauler.

BTW, I turned down Cobra transitions several times because I didn't want to fly "an aircraft that can't be flown without hydraulics". I ended up flying the BO-105 which has a triply-redundant hydraulic system, but it's all in the same box, so if you lose the hydraulics . . . There hasn't been a documented case of that happening, and the CV-22 has completed combat deployments with no major engineering failures that I've heard of.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I don't know about that. I remember reading an article a few years ago about UN Peacekeepers. They are world class rapists of women and children.

Not every UN member has a professional army in the sense that most NATO nations have. The average third world army "UN Peacekeeper" proves that.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    It's the Libertarian version of "making the story fit the template" that the MSM uses to filter all news to make Progressive talking points. In the Libertarian version - or at least Alex Jones' version - all news is filtered through the idea that the US government intends to enslave us all and will use foreign troops and death camps run by FEMA to do it. Every possible way this can be twisted into current events will be used to "prove" those talking points.
    Do you even read the threads you reply in? All I said was that this smacks of globalism. It is NATO after all.

P.S. I don't speak for Libertarians...I spent last weekend at the Republican Convention. And I don't know what Alex Jones has to do with this. Is he the only person on the planet who is allowed to criticize globalism and NATO?

P.P.S. When the FEMA camps go operational, they won't need foreign troops to run them.

Yeah, we train them so maybe we can stop policing the world.
    Lol, good one.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    To be honest, Rambone, I generally read all the posts in the thread but there are some folks I usually ignore and you're one of them. I hit you this time because you claimed in the headliner to your OP that NATO Troops were conducting drills in the US, which is not what these SPECOPS types were doing. Others have responded satisfactorily, to my mind, to your "globalist" charges. You aren't a total goof, but you are an alarmist who doesn't pick and choose his alarms very carefully, therefore I usually look at anything you have to say - when I bother to look - with an extreme degree of skepticism. You really should change your screen name to "Little Boy Who Cried Wolf".

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    The SOCOM Colonel who was sound-biting the video also had it right when he said it's important to form personal relationships with the Special Operators in other countries. Many times "back channel" communications between people who know and trust one another can provide intel unobtainable by any other means, and knowing each group's strengths and weaknesses allows for better integration in multi-force operations such as are being conducted in Afghanistan now.

Nonsense. There will be no need for "back channel" communications because we will be loved and adored by all when we are nothing but their trading partners. They won't waste time sharing critical intel with us when they know we'll just sit on it and wait for the threat to materialize so there can be a "real" threat to which we can respond.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    No, appleseed doesn't have air support.
    But, we have been training overseas with NATO since its inception.
    And when I was in the Navy in 85-91 I know various forces trained in the US, from all branches.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    That's all NATO is, after all. A bunch of pals getting together and training. Kind of like Appleseed.

Look, I know Alex Jones said that the Germans are going to kick in your door and take your Ron Paul fliers but it is utter nonsense.

The Poles or Danes coming over to learn peels and how to button hook walls is not tyrannizing anyone.:rolleyes:

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    Seems like more "training" is being done here than I ever remember .

NDAA , UAV's flying all over the U.S. , LOST which some tard congress critters actually support and BFE police being increasingly militarized .

Yeah you guys are probably right , nothing to see here .

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    Seems like more "training" is being done here than I ever remember .

NDAA , UAV's flying all over the U.S. , LOST which some tard congress critters actually support and BFE police being increasingly militarized .

Yeah you guys are probably right , nothing to see here .

on one hand they mock us for see things that just dont look right on the other hand they ***** about the direction of the government and the loss of liberties

jake

Top Bottom