• ...and so much more!
  • Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    ......... How many of us would have fired only once into a large human standing over us while we're on the ground? Hell, even the police shootings we see are practically mag dumps.

Asking us that question may be different than average Joe carrying a gun.

Last edited:

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    There also the potential issue that his brain had already made the decision to shoot and the guy started to back up after that decision was made, but the shooter's brain couldn't stop the signal to press shoot in time. Some will dismiss this because they see plenty of time to make that decision and change it,

I looked at the video again. Only 1 to 1.5 seconds goes by between when the gun is raised and the other man was hit. The first perception of watching it was that it took several seconds and he shot after the guy backed up, but really the backing up and the shot happened at almost the same moment.
    PS - The victim here is the three kids who lost their father because the three adults couldn't handle conflict in a healthy manner.
    ^Truth

Last edited:

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    If the car was parked properly it never would have started. Put the blame at the beginning of the chain of events.

Nope. Your placing blame at the illegally parking woman assumes that a reasonable response to illegal parking is a confrontation from someone who has no business in the affair.

The shooter started the confrontation that led to the death of the boyfriend.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    Nope. Your placing blame at the illegally parking woman assumes that a reasonable response to illegal parking is a confrontation from someone who has no business in the affair.

The shooter clearly got physical first. That's probably what the law should be looking at as well as the obvious question as to whether the shooter was in fear for his life.

But Foszoe has a point. If we agree the shooter started this with his verbal confrontation, one might also submit that using a handicapped space in front of everybody is a confrontational move itself. I'm no lawyer, but I wonder if someone would ask a juror how they feel when they see someone use a handicapped spot inappropriately? I think it triggers an emotional response.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

I think as he does that the chain of events started with the decision to park. That was the 1st link. Regardless of legality's (as to your point and yes I understand) the real issue is just people with no respect. Goes to lifestyle.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    The shooter clearly got physical first. That's probably what the law should be looking at as well as the obvious question as to whether the shooter was in fear for his life.

But Foszoe has a point. If we agree the shooter started this with his verbal confrontation, one might also submit that using a handicapped space in front of everybody is a confrontational move itself. I'm no lawyer, but I wonder if someone would ask a juror how they feel when they see someone use a handicapped spot inappropriately? I think it triggers an emotional response.

I'm not buying the last part parking (handicapped spot being a confrontational move), and the shooter may well have started it, but the shove escalated the event to a possible defense situation. If we go down the road of triggering someone starting this, then we have a whole host of other issues IMO. All that said, if I'm in that car, I'm not getting out for somebody who is coming up running their mouth. Window will stay up, and engine would be started and ready to roll out. I'm staying put in that car and using it as the weapon/means of escape if I need to get out of there.

Last edited:

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    But why stay and fight it out?

Person A parks in handicap spot
    Person B says hey you don't seem hadicapped get out of that spot!

If person A belongs there
    Then: " I belong here bc X"
    Else: move your damn car
    End if.

If you are in the wrong. Why fight it out. They know you're wrong, you know you're wrong. Holler out "my bad" and move.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I think as he does that the chain of events started with the decision to park. That was the 1st link. Regardless of legality's (as to your point and yes I understand) the real issue is just people with no respect. Goes to lifestyle.

That I understand, but people pull stupid moves all the time. As many have said, if you are carrying, you can't get sucked down into getting triggered by someone running their mouth or pulling a d**k move, as there is just not enough ammo to fix all that stupid.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Not excuse it, but the driver was in the car. I routinely see people in their car, in a handicapped spot, often idling, while a passenger is in shopping.

One would hope that she would quickly move her car should the need arise; but, a cankerous man scolding her isn't a "need".

Again, not excusing it.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    I'm not buying the last part parking (handicapped spot being a confrontational move), and the shooter may well have started it, but the shove escalated the event to a possible defense situation. If we go down the road of triggering someone starting this, then we have a whole host of other issues IMO. All that said, if I'm in that car, I'm not getting out for somebody who is coming up running their mouth. Window will stay up, and engine would be started and ready to roll out. I'm staying put in that car and using it as the weapon/means of escape if I need to get out of there.

Right, I think legally this situation starts with the shove but the whole slew of misbehavior included disregard for others by using the parking spot. It's just dumb. No you shouldn't expect a shooting to occur from it. But you should expect to **** people off and that's what confrontation is: hostility.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy

Parking in handicap spots, littering and smoking in a "no smoking" zone are all dick moves. But a slight against society via minor infractions is not the same as personally and directly confronting a stranger in public. They are not the same.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    OK, so are we better or worse than average Joe's, here? :whistle: :D

Being this is a gun forum that each of us joined, I'd say a better part of us are slightly better than the average Joe gun owner. Yes, we have keyboard commandos but we also have quite a few who train on a somewhat regular basis.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    The second guy that comes out of the station is going over there, but when he sees the gun he takes off to the right. It is impossible to know his motives, but it looks like he recognizes the gun more quickly than the guy who got shot.

Last edited:

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Just a thought: After being "decked", is the shooter supposed to lay there and wait to see what the deceased may decide to do next? How long should he wait? Was the threat truly stopped prior to the shooting?

You've been slammed on the ground on the ground by a guy much younger than you, and in apparently better shape than you. Do you then recognize a clear retreat from this guy? I sure didn't see it and my thinking would probably be that this isn't over and the slammer has all the initiative, or at least thought he did. Plus I expect you would be inconsiderable pain from the slamming and want to take steps to insure you don't get re-slammed or worse.

Also, several say he was hollering at the woman. Other than her say so do we have any evidence of this? Have any of us ever had people tell out and out lies about us to our detriment? I have.

Top Bottom