• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EyeCarry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    I did it! I swapped out the original front sight for an inexpensive HiViz sight (SW2014). I like the back sights blacked out and the original white is harder to pick out when shooting steel that is painted white.
    I used a Universal sight pusher from an eBay user that goes by "sighttools." I had to fashion some somewhat accurate blocks to match the slide of the Canik as the pusher's supplied blocks were not the same angles. I used some 3/4" plywood for this. Just a few minutes at the bandsaw and beltsander and I was ready to push out the old and install the new sight.
    Now I just need a night to shoot a few rounds to see if I like the red or the yellow lightpipe better. The new sight is just a little lower than the original so I assume that it is going to shoot a little higher.
    Anyway, any TP9V2 owners with the dovetailed front sight this HiViz does fit. I have been told by Century that for the rear sight a Glock G43 sight will work. I don't feel the need to change it out though.

Top Bottom